1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2011 6:42 PM by briankeith513 RSS

insurance plans

reinesally

Which insurance plan did you guys get?  I don't know whether to get the plan from verizon or a third party.  Suggestions?  Also, I'm not sure if there is really a difference between the two through verizon; it appears that they both cover about the same thing, but one is $1 more? 

• 1. Re: insurance plans
          ericsnow25

I would buy AppleCare from Apple for $69 for 2 year full protection!  You can buy it anytime within the first year of having the product.

• 2. Re: insurance plans
            carpediemgal

Do you know if Apple Care covers, stolen, lost, or accidental damage to the phone OR just insurance on repairs?

• 3. Re: insurance plans
              vegashoosier76

word is my warranty gets voided if I swap this phone over to another line on my account. if that is true, does purchasing applecare guarantee I have coverage for two years?

• 4. Re: insurance plans
                king_cayman

What does Asurion cover?  I think it was the $9 option at checkout... that's what I got.

• 5. Re: insurance plans
                  reinesally

oops.  I hit the wrong thing when trying to reply!  sorry, I don't know what I did. 

Anyway...  Does apple care cover damage as well, or just something that mechanically goes wrong with it?   

• 6. Re: insurance plans
                    bostonboy1128

Apple Care is horrible...go with square trade...special right now for release of verizon iphone 2 years for $99.00 and they protect against everything...EVERYTHING.

• 7. Re: insurance plans
                      upnorth

It depends on what you want to insure against. AppleCare is an extended warranty, but it won't do you any good if your phone is lost, stolen or dropped. The plans through Verizon are comprehensive but have high costs and deductibles. You have to read the fine print on policies from third parties. Some, for example, cover a stolen phone only if there are signs of forced entry. Some cover stolen phones but not lost ones. Replacement and repair coverage also varies. There are no easy answers.

• 8. Re: insurance plans
                        ja1234

reinesally wrote:

Which insurance plan did you guys get?  I don't know whether to get the plan from verizon or a third party.  Suggestions?  Also, I'm not sure if there is really a difference between the two through verizon; it appears that they both cover about the same thing, but one is $1 more? 

that is not two ins plans on vzw...the 9buck one is asurion ins only with your factory warranty of 1 year... the 10 buck one is both the asurion warranty and the 1. 99 extended warranty bundled...if you are worried you may lose your phone at present only asurion and MAYBE SOM homeowners policies will cover it...if you are worried about drops and spills then look in to the squaretrade... square trade is for one replacement though(basically) ...and I am not sure if you can buy it for the replacement...

edited due to my redneck spelling coming out in me LOL

• 9. Re: insurance plans
                          upnorth

SquareTrade does not cover everything. The comparison chart on their site shows that they do not cover loss and theft.

1 2 Previous Next