Lg Ally unable to send text msg on extended network since FroYo upgrade
mcmahan

I am travelling and am currently on the Verizon "extended network" (roaming). My Ally is currently unable to send a text. I am told that since  the FroYo upgrade that LG Ally is unable to send a text while on the extended network.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Does anyone have any info as to when it will be fixed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lg Ally unable to send text msg on extended network since FroYo upgrade
kerwin5767

I've had this same problem for almost two weeks now and I am getting frustrated! I've never had this problem before the latest update and it's so irritating! I pay over 200 bucks a month for my phone and expect to be able to send texts, especially since I had no trouble before. How is it that I can receive texts, but not send them. I can send/receive emails, data, etc. just not texts. I hope this problem is fixed soon or I will have to find a different carrier. I'm not paying $200+ per month for a phone that won't even text. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Just want to check this, but were you able to send and receive text messages before froyo on an extended network?

Have you gone into the text message application settings and verified it is set to work when you are out of Verizon's network. I know that I see an option to choose whether or not text messages are received while roaming. Perhaps you need to make the app think it is not on the home network to get your messages to come through when you are not.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kerwin5767

I had no problem sending or receiving texts on extended network before froyo update. I can't seem find a way to change the settings for text messaging on my LG Ally phone?? I think I will be making a trip into the Verizon store for help with my phone. I'm getting so frustrated, it's getting so old having to tell all my friends and family that I can read their texts but can't send from my phone. I wish I could go back to having my phone the way it was before the update. :smileysad: 

0 Likes