1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2011 10:09 PM by gspess20 RSS

Transfer of upgrade and IPhone

jak3960

My husband's company is going to assume liability on his phone so I want to transfer his upgrade to my phone which I can do online, but it wont let me choose the Iphone Help?

• 1. Re: Transfer of upgrade and IPhone
          Babbstoth123

I'm have the same dilemma. I sent them an email message about it asking if we go ahead and order the phone under my hub's eligibility and then switch, but haven't heard back. If you hear of anything, please post it, and I will do the same. Thanks!

• 2. Re: Transfer of upgrade and IPhone
            jak3960

ty  sure will! I am on wait to talk to LIVE person now

• 3. Re: Transfer of upgrade and IPhone
              jak3960

OK, I have the information. Just go in and order under the phone that is eligible and then when you actually receive

the phone, THAT is when you do the upgrade transfer. Also, my husband didn't have a data plan, but I did. So I had to order

one for him, but I'll also cancel mine the day I get phone so I won't be charged extra. Hope that makes sense.

Good luck.

• 4. Re: Transfer of upgrade and IPhone
                Babbstoth123

Thanks! I will have to remember to cancel one of the dataplan as well.

• 5. Re: Transfer of upgrade and IPhone
                  dktide91

Hi,

I'm confused now.  I was looking at another thread under the iphone category and the consensus was that we should order the iphone on the eligible line, activate it on that line, then switch the iphone device to the line you actually want the iphone to be on.

I then called customer service and they told me the same exact thing.

However, that doesn't sound like what you have said here....

Sorry, I'm just frustrated and confused after getting up at 3 am to try to get one of these blasted phones and still not knowing for sure how to make this upgrade thing work....

• 6. Re: Transfer of upgrade and IPhone
                    nedcook

I called Verizon too, and they told me to purchase the phone for the line with the upgrade discount (even though it is a dumb phone with no data plan). Then, when the phone comes, activate it on MY line, not the line I ordered it for. My plan already has data, so I'm good to go. The data plan I ordered for the other line won't go into effect because the phone won't be activated on that line.

• 7. Re: Transfer of upgrade and IPhone
                      rudypoo1

Ok... I have a friend who wants to do the same for me. His wofe doens't want the iPhone & is willing to give me her upgrade. So, it's my understandong that he orders the phone on HIS account, but when it come I activate it on MY Account? IS that the way this works????

• 8. Re: Transfer of upgrade and IPhone
                        nedcook

Hmmm.... I think the transferring we are talking about is from line to line within the same account--NOT from account to account. I could be wrong. Call Verizon.

• 9. Re: Transfer of upgrade and IPhone
                          carlwertz

Not sure if it worked for you yesterday?

I noticed yesterday when the iPhone was available that I could have used the VZW hub as a upgrade to get it at the cheaper price.  However when I got hom to do it, the iPhone sales stopped.

So I called today and the guy I spoke with said that wouldn't have worked as the hub is a VoIP phone while cellular is wireless.  So my question to you is did it work for you?

If so then that was a loop hole in the system otherwise if it didn't work I am not surprised.  He tried to do it on the phone with me with no luck as it said the upgrade you are trying to do is for VoIP not cellular.

1 2 Previous Next