Facebook Text Messages
jcb0121

I just got a new Verizon phone and a new number a week ago. Ever since I got the phone, I have trying to sign up for Facebok Texts. I send the letter F to 32665 at least once a day and I never get a confirmation code. My friend got a new phone, but not a new number and they got the confirmation code within seconds of sending the message. Would it have anything to do with me getting a new number? If there is anything you can do to help me please tell me. Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Facebook Text Messages
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
You need to log onto your facebook account on the computer and set up Facebook mobile. It may still be linked to your old phone number - so log on and see what the settings are currently. HTH,
0 Likes
monettey66

I was getting my messages and posts from Facebook and about 2 weeks ago, everything stopped.  I have gone to Facebook and deleted my number and requested it again.  sent the text messages from my phone and nothing.  I can NO LONGER receive any thing from facebook.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
My Facebook messages and alerts still seem to be intact. A few things you may want to check on as it MAY affect how and when you receive the alerts:

1. Time of day for notifications - I have mine set to only notify me between 8 AM and 10 PM so anything that happens overnight doesn't get sent to the phone.

2. Activity from specific people - I have mine set to notify me only when a few select people (family) post something, so I'm not getting tons of notifications - and if they aren't posting, then naturally, I won't get messages. With new privacy settings, you may have to specify who you want to hear from....

3. Mine is also set NOT to text me if I am logged in - and if I have the little box checked that says "Keep me logged in" - closing Facebook on my computer does NOT log me out, so therefore I receive no notifications. I have to go over to Account, scroll down to LOG OUT, and deliberately log out of Facebook, not simply close the window, to start receiving texts.

So, with recent changes in the way Facebook allows you to share information, and settings you may or may not have set up, you may not be receiving the notifications you think you have set up. Check your settings, and which notifications you are requesting, time of day, and whether you receive them if you are logged in or not . . .

HTH,
0 Likes
MistaC87

I'm basically having the same problem and this is getting REALLY annoying.

I had this service turned off about a month ago. I then went to turn it back on a week ago with my number still activated on the website, but I was never able to get any messages to come through from Facebook's number (32665), so I went in and deactivated my number thinking I could reactivate it. Now, when I go to reactivate through the website or via text message (by sending F or ON to 32665), I do not get a response whatsoever.

I've called Verizon, they tell me the problem is on Facebook's end, and that I need to contact Facebook, so I contact Facebook, and they tell me I have to call Verizon because it's a problem on their end, so I contact Verizon again and they tell me they have NEVER supported texts from Facebook (32665), and that I would have to contact Facebook. I had TWO DIFFERENT people tell me this. One person even told me "I talked to my supervisor about this and we do not support Facebook text messages, or messages from that number. We never have."

I then decided I was speaking to a complete idiot, so I called back hoping to get a different representative. I did, but this different representative told me the same thing, and both persons refused to help me with the situation. They wouldn't even troubleshoot with me, or offer me possible routes of ways that I could fix this. Talk about amazing customer service and support.

I have checked my settings multiple times on the Facebook website to make sure I receive messages from FBOOK (32665) at the time I SEND THEM. I also went through on Verizon's website to make sure there are no blocks on my account from that number, or premium messaging, and there is not.

Who knew that I would start thinking about switching to a different carrier over something as silly as this? I don't enjoy being LIED TO or representatives refusing to work with me.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

MistaC87 wrote:

I'm basically having the same problem and this is getting REALLY annoying.

I had this service turned off about a month ago. I then went to turn it back on a week ago with my number still activated on the website, I'm confused - did you "turn it off" through Verizon, or through the Facebook website?  I have not tried to "turn off the service" -but I have adjuste my alerts and who I receive them from.  but I was never able to get any messages to come through from Facebook's number (32665), so I went in and deactivated my number thinking I could reactivate it. Now, when I go to reactivate through the website or via text message (by sending F or ON to 32665), I do not get a response whatsoever.

I've called Verizon, they tell me the problem is on Facebook's end, and that I need to contact Facebook, so I contact Facebook, and they tell me I have to call Verizon because it's a problem on their end, so I contact Verizon again and they tell me they have NEVER supported texts from Facebook (32665), and that I would have to contact Facebook. I had TWO DIFFERENT people tell me this. One person even told me "I talked to my supervisor about this and we do not support Facebook text messages, or messages from that number. We never have." Now that I can say is untrue.  I am still getting texts from Facebook (status updates, messages sent to me, etc) and I can post updates, pictuers, and respond to messages .... and this is within the last week (Feb. 4 was my most recent interaction).

I have checked my settings multiple times on the Facebook website to make sure I receive messages from FBOOK (32665) at the time I SEND THEM. I also went through on Verizon's website to make sure there are no blocks on my account from that number, or premium messaging, and there is not.  I DO have a premium messaging block, and still get Facebook info/updates/texts.

Are you using a Facebook APP on your phone?  Trying to access it using the browser?  Or simply using TEXT messages?  There have been issues with various apps - I do not use an app or data to access Facebook on my phone - it's all text messaging.

0 Likes
MistaC87

Um if you looked at my phone model, you would know I do not have support for a facebook application? Did I not state that I used Facebook texting a thousand times and sent it to 32665?

Like yourself, it's all text messaging. AND IT DOES NOT WORK.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

MistaC87 wrote:

Um if you looked at my phone model, you would know I do not have support for a facebook application? You have the EnvTouch, according to your profile.  The EnvTouch IS data capable, and I don't like to ASSUME anything, so I was simply trying to be certain you were using basic text messaging, rather than an app on the phone.   Did I not state that I used Facebook texting a thousand times and sent it to 32665?  Maybe not a thousand times, but you did state that.  I was making certain, in my own mind, as terminology can get confusing - people don't always use words the same way.

Like yourself, it's all text messaging. AND IT DOES NOT WORK.  And to that, I don't have an answer.  :smileysad:  I know you are not alone, and it has stopped working for many.  I don't know why, or how it can be fixed.

When you text an update to 32665, does it post to your online status?  Do you get an error on your phone when you send a text, or a picture message to 32665?

Or is it just the notifications of others' posts that are not coming to your phone?  Have you checked the options I gave a couple of posts back to see if one of them is the cause for you not receiving notifications?

0 Likes
Broncogal

I also have been having the same problem. I was using Facebook's text messaging for notifications for several months before it stopped working. I have contacted Facebook several times and have had only 1 reply telling me it was a Verizon issue. Verizon obviously doesn't know what they're talking about either. So, as soon as my contract is up, I'm switcing.

0 Likes
MistaC87

There are no error messages and there are no reponse whatsoever.

No one will help me troubleshoot and no one from Verizon will help me.

If this situatoin isn't resolved, I'm going to contact the BBB, because I'm bound to a contract right now and I will refuse to pay for service from a company that lies to me and sends me crappy replacement phones and makes me pay 10 bucks a month to replace one. There was support for Facebook texting in the past, and to have someone sit there on the phone and tell me support never exited for Facebook texting is absolutely sickening.

0 Likes