3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2011 5:21 PM by SuzyQ RSS

Unwanted VZW Free MSG text messages

DanZechman

I am receiving text message pages from VZW_Free_MSG telling me that my account has a balance.  How do I discontinue those alerts?  I already have it setup to automatically charge my credit card and send me emails when a statement is ready?  I do not want to receive a page for this.  Is there something I have to update somewhere on my profile?  Please advise.

• 1. Re: Unwanted VZW Free MSG text messages
          SuzyQ
          Log in to your My Verizon account - on the home page next to My Account is a link to View Profile. At the bottom of that page is Account Alerts - to the right is a link to "View and Edit Alert settings" - you can select email, text, either or neither.

HTH,
          • 2. Re: Unwanted VZW Free MSG text messages
            budone

SuzyQ, I logged in to see what info could be sent via text, account balance is not one. I wonder if the OP is on a prepaid account.

• 3. Re: Unwanted VZW Free MSG text messages
              SuzyQ

You could be right, budone. I read right over the part about the account balance and I was responding to this:

OP states: "I already have it setup to automatically ... send me emails when a statement is ready? I do not want to receive a page for this." I get a text when my statement is ready, by my choice, and I can turn that off via the steps above.

If this is a pre-paid account, then it may work differently. Minnihaha over on the pre-paid threads can answer this (if this is a pre-paid account), I'm sure!