Reception bad in house
harker111
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am wondering if i can buy a booster for improving my reception in my house. I just switched from AT&T and never had problems with reception in my house and i don't want to switch back to AT&T.  I am a salesmen and work from home alot, so need good reception. Please Help!!!!

Re: Reception bad in house
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
They do sell those. I don't know much about them, but I have seen them on their website.
0 Likes
Gail0421
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Verizon Wireless Network Extender enhances indoor cellular coverage to provide more reliable wireless service. The Network Extender is compatible with all Verizon Wireless phones and works like a miniature cell tower in your home or home office. Easy to install, the Network Extender plugs into your existing high-speed Internet connection to communicate with the Verizon Wireless network.

Click the link below for more information about the Network Extender. 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?&action=gotoFemtocell

0 Likes
Exburb

I have the same problem.  I can not receive call over my verizon cell phone within my house.  Txt is limited to certain areas of the home.

Why should a Verizon customer have to purchase this extender for $249.99 when I'm within Verizon's coverage?

Is there a way for Verizon to install one or is there another option?

Just purchased a Driod and will return it if I can not make calls from the home.

0 Likes
johnhboyd

Signal strength at my house is -100/-105/-110.  Signal booster ups it to about -78 in the advertised 40 foot radius.  You do have to have a high speed internet connection.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Extender for free???  Article about a text message VZW has been sending out.

0 Likes
tsp

First, call Verizon and tell them your problem, the towers in your area can be adjusted, just don't expect this to happen immediately.

0 Likes
swannyva

I've had the Network Extender since last July - it works great.  Verizon can even "tweak" it after you install it.  Great product.

John

0 Likes
Jude526

I used to work for an indirect for a couple of years.  We sold boosters and they work.  I understand your frustration.  You want your device to work well for you wherever you are.  Have you tried the *228  option 2 to help update your roaming capabilities?

I do this every month.  It is also good to do when you travel.  First at home and at your destination.  And should you be driving and on a road trip, you want to also make sure you do this in every stop you make that you will be in for a period of time. Your device will pick-up their cell signal and work better for your device.

Also, there are some mfg. that may not work well in your home area. I am speaking from experience with this statement.

I cannot use Samsung or Motorola devices.  They will drop signal when I dial, when on the phone, goes in and out of signal.

I live in a rural community.  LG, Blackberry and HTC work well for me.  I prefer HTC .  I love my Droid Incredible.

Good luck to you.  And call Verizon.  Perhaps they can have a tech come out to your house.  I know they will do this. I had a friend who had issues and they did come out to her house.  Worth a call to find out and I am sure you will be nice when you call.

The problem isn't the customer care person's fault.  So being angry on the phone won't solve anything. 

0 Likes