2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2011 3:51 PM by Rodeoxtreme RSS

Carry-Over Minutes by Verizion (is it a bait & switch scam?)

Rodeoxtreme

We have recently moved over from AT&T prepaid to Verizon Pre-paid service.  In the Prepaid section Verizon states that unused minutes will carry over (see here:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/inpulsefeaturepopup.jsp)

"...Carry-Over Minutes:
      Refill your account before it expires and your existing account balance will be carried forward...."

So when we renewed this month, I noticed that the minutes did not carry over; so I called Verizon Rep, Jeff who began the call with an attitude.  I explained to him what the site states and what our account shows and he told me that I was wrong.  I attempted to give him the URL of the page and again asked to have it explained to me; he again stated there is no such address; I asked him to put me in contact with a Supervisor or a Manage that could look at the page and explain to me what it means or what their definition of Carry-Over Minutes.  Jeff stated that I was threatening him with legal and would disconnect the call.

I am shocked that Verizon would be willing to have an employee that would not even answer the question and then disconnect a call.  I hope someone from Verizon would be willing to call and explain this page and their statement on their website.  I would like to speak to someone that is civilized enough to carry on an intelligent conversation and provide me a definition.

• 1. Re: Carry-Over Minutes by Verizion (is it a bait & switch scam?)
          mdram4x4

Rodeoxtreme wrote:

We have recently moved over from AT&T prepaid to Verizon Pre-paid service.  In the Prepaid section Verizon states that unused minutes will carry over (see here:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/inpulsefeaturepopup.jsp)

"...Carry-Over Minutes:
          Refill your account before it expires and your existing account balance will be carried forward...."

So when we renewed this month, I noticed that the minutes did not carry over; so I called Verizon Rep, Jeff who began the call with an attitude.  I explained to him what the site states and what our account shows and he told me that I was wrong.  I attempted to give him the URL of the page and again asked to have it explained to me; he again stated there is no such address; I asked him to put me in contact with a Supervisor or a Manage that could look at the page and explain to me what it means or what their definition of Carry-Over Minutes.  Jeff stated that I was threatening him with legal and would disconnect the call.

I am shocked that Verizon would be willing to have an employee that would not even answer the question and then disconnect a call.  I hope someone from Verizon would be willing to call and explain this page and their statement on their website.  I would like to speak to someone that is civilized enough to carry on an intelligent conversation and provide me a definition.

did you renew prior ro them expiring?

it states

Carry-Over Minutes:
          Refill your account before it expires and your existing account balance will be carried forward.

• 2. Re: Carry-Over Minutes by Verizion (is it a bait & switch scam?)
            Rodeoxtreme

Yes, my wife and I both have accounts that are renewed automatically prior to expiration.  Which is an option within the Account area.