1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 16, 2011 4:43 PM by spottedcatfish RSS

MY PHONE ISN'T WORKING WHAT DO I DO NEXT?

MIMI1980

I charged my phone and when I woke up my screen was black. I put it back on the charger and it's fully charged and the screen lights but as I press the buttons I get nothing. Someone called me and I wasn't even able to answer the call! I said to myself that I was fed up with this blackberry and thebad part is that my upgrade isn't available to me till July and I have no insurance. I went online to see if I could buy a new smartphone but the prices are outrageous, what do I do?

• 1. Re: MY PHONE ISN'T WORKING WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
          spottedcatfish

Have you tried resetting the phone by removing the battery for about 30 seconds and then replacing it and turning the device back on?

If that doesn't work, use another phone to call tech support (number under the blue "Contact Us" link above), and see if they can offer any assistance.  If your phone doesn't have physical or water damage, and its within one year of purchase, they can help you arrange a warranty exchange if they can't get it working.

If you're outside of one year and have no insurance, then you'll need to pay for another phone, either at full retail from Verizon, or used from another source like eBay or Craigslist.  If you buy used, get the ESN before you pay, and confirm with Verizon that it can be activated on your account.