5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2011 6:28 PM by Kyllle RSS

How to use 13-20 month early upgrade

Kyllle

So I hear everyone talking about how Verizon is ending the 13-20 month early upgrade and that now you will only be able to ugprade after 20 months, but I didn't even know you were ever able to upgrade after 13 months. On My Verizon, it says I am eligable for an upgrade on March 5 (20 months), but if I had known I was eligible for an upgrade 6 months ago I would have done it. Is there any way I can use this for the iPhone 4, and if so, how?

Edit - also, everyone is saying the NE2 program is ending, but you will still be able to upgrade after 20 months. I thought upgrading after 20 months was the NE2 program... what else was there that is being taken away?

• 1. Re: How to use 13-20 month early upgrade
          CandlerRJ200

I would just wait until your 20 months is up so you can get a little bit of a discount... you've waited this long, why not 1 more month?

• 2. Re: How to use 13-20 month early upgrade
            Kyllle

because i lost my phone a week ago and don't have a backup one, lol

• 3. Re: How to use 13-20 month early upgrade
              PJNC284

The early upgrade applies to individuals on a base calling plan of 49.99 or greater and the PRIMARY line on any family plan (secondary lines aren't eligible) assuming your signed up on My Verizon and allows you to get a new phone every 12 months at the 2yr contract price.   As for NE2, they're getting rid of the added discounts(currently $30 or $50 depending on how much your plan is, decreased from $50 and $100 a few years ago) on individual and primary line on family plans.   The change on 1/16 will get rid of those benefits for new customers and allow 1 last annual upgrade or NE2 discount if you upgraded prior to that date.  So you could technically upgrade now (prior to the 16th) and still have an annual upgrade or NE2 discount a year or two down the road. Beyond that, everyone will still be able to upgrade at months $20 for the 2 yr contract price.

• 4. Re: How to use 13-20 month early upgrade
                AZSALUKI

there are annual upgrades on certain plans and certain lines on plans (primary lines have different incentives than secondary or "add on" lines) and there is the NE2 program. the new every two gave us additional discounts on top of the upgrade price. it's my understanding that this is what they are doing away with. i don't know all of the specifics....just that the NE2 and annual upgrades are 2 different things.

• 5. Re: How to use 13-20 month early upgrade
                  Kyllle

ah, ok thanks. I didn't realize it only applied to plans $50 and up