- If I add $100 to my account right now, can I use my device without refill at the end of this year?As long as you still have money in your accuont you will not have to refill your account until the year is up.
- If I add $100 to my account right now, but I do not use my device for more than 2 to 3 months, do I lose my telephone number and need to pay re-activation fee when utilizing the device? The way I read the terms it said you had to make a cell phone voice call once in 6 months in order to keep the service. So I would take that to mean as long as I make a call for 1 minute every 60 days your account would stay active as long as there is money in the account . That is the way it is listed in the aggreement terms. I would double check this with customer service and the next day call customer service again and see if you get the same answer
It looks like I am not the only one confused about prepaid plans and expiration dates. (I have the core plan for my phone)
There is no longer any information about this in my account. Last year I did prepay $100 for one year of service and all the information about expiration date was clearly stated before I went to checkout. This information is gone, and I want to be sure I will get 1 year before I charge this on my credit card. I even called 611 and spoke to a very confused representative who didn't know. I have been a prepaid customer for years and never had this much trouble getting a definitve answer.
Is there somewhere on the current Verizon website where ithis is stated in writing? I have searched and found nothing.
Refill Expiration (once applied to the account)
- $15-$29.99 expires in 30 days
- $75-$99.99 expires in 180 days
- $30-$74.99 expires in 90 days
- $100 or more expires in ONE YEAR!
After clicking on the link below put you zip code in and then this page about the plans and this refill info will come up. Hope this helps. Some stores still carry the $100.00 card but because not many buy it its probably easier to get it through the verizon prepay website.
Thanks Minihaha, I am glad to see it is in print somewhere. My problem was inside of my account area where I actually want to add minutes. I dont see that information anywhere. I ended up getting an answer in email from verizon with the information.
I hope they make it easy to find in the account area too.