1 2 3 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2011 7:09 PM by Jazi RSS

Data Plans for iPhone

Zairex

Is it safe to assume that the same data plans will still be in effect when the iPhone goes on sale?

I don't want to miss getting a $30 unlimited plan now only to see it spike to like $60 when it goes on sale.

• 1. Re: Data Plans for iPhone
          joeymp

The data plan should be the same as it is now, remember they have to keep their pricing in line with AT&T, otherwise they can't compete.

• 2. Re: Data Plans for iPhone
            DontRegister

its the same prices for the data plan

• 3. Re: Data Plans for iPhone
              mbavzw

is it wrote down by verizon by any chance

• 4. Re: Data Plans for iPhone
                BDKmac

What about data caps?  Att puts a 2gb data cap on the iphone.  I hardly see how verizon can do the same, when they have no data cap on the droid...

• 5. Re: Data Plans for iPhone
                  dustindh

The cap on their service applies to all their smartphones. It's been suggested that once 4G becomes common that they will remove this option. But it's been suggested that the unlimited would apply to the iPhone indefinitely to attract customers from, well, the competition.

• 6. Re: Data Plans for iPhone
                    rjjones1972

My understanding is the Verizon plans will stay the same. ATT put the caps on because too may people using it and the system could not handle it all. If enough people leave ATT maybe they will be able to handle it and could bring back the unlimited to attract more customers.

• 7. Re: Data Plans for iPhone
                      firstlady09

Pricing for the data package is not yet available. When this information is available we will pass it along. Click here for more information on the iphone http://support.vzw.com/faqs/iphone/iphone_faq.html

• 8. Re: Data Plans for iPhone
                        brichi

I really don't understand how one of the most anticipated phones to hit verizon finally comes to their network, yet Verizon is SO unprepared to give answers. It's not like they haven't knew for months this was happening, how do we not know pricing on plans, data, 1 year options, full pay options, etc.... It' still boggles my mind... although Casonia from Verizon has been great with answering trade-in questions, Thank you for that!

• 9. Re: Data Plans for iPhone
                          black743

brichi wrote:

I really don't understand how one of the most anticipated phones to hit verizon finally comes to their network, yet Verizon is SO unprepared to give answers. It's not like they haven't knew for months this was happening, how do we not know pricing on plans, data, 1 year options, full pay options, etc.... It' still boggles my mind... although Casonia from Verizon has been great with answering trade-in questions, Thank you for that! 

I agree, they caused alot of confusion over the "no early upgrades" comment on their faq sheet, only to remove it the next day.  You would think they would already have everything ready to roll with the plans, upgrades, options, etc...

1 2 3 Previous Next