3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2011 1:45 PM by budone RSS

International roaming data charges

hyde145

Are email, the web browser, and bbm all included under "unlimited data" in the international roaming plan?

I had the globalemail feature added to my phone for my trip to Japan.  This was supposed to include unlimited data, but I got a text message saying I had incurred $50 in data roaming charges.  The only thing I used was the internet browser and bbm, but after reading through the plan, I'm guessing that the $50 came from the pictures I sent through bbm.  Can someone confirm this?

I tried calling the support line a few times but their answers were all over the place.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: International roaming data charges
          nuprinboy

watch out!  verizon just changed their plans.  no more unlimited data!  Amazing they said nothing about this.  All us international travelers will be **bleep**.  $0.02 per KB PLUS a fee!

• 2. Re: International roaming data charges
            wsl03

"watch out!  verizon just changed their plans.  no more unlimited data!  Amazing they said nothing about this.  All us international travelers will be **bleep**.  $0.02 per KB PLUS a fee!"

Verizon got rid of the unlimited email global plans because it was unnessecary. The plan was confusing to many customers, that plan only covered unlimited email, which didn't count for the many email apps that are out there, the unlimited email plans did not cover any other data usage. data has always been .02/kb abroad unless you had your email set up through the pop3 client on your phone.

• 3. Re: International roaming data charges
              budone

wsl03 wrote:

"watch out!  verizon just changed their plans.  no more unlimited data!  Amazing they said nothing about this.  All us international travelers will be **bleep**.  $0.02 per KB PLUS a fee!"

Verizon got rid of the unlimited email global plans because it was unnessecary. The plan was confusing to many customers, that plan only covered unlimited email, which didn't count for the many email apps that are out there, the unlimited email plans did not cover any other data usage. data has always been .02/kb abroad unless you had your email set up through the pop3 client on your phone.

I can attest the plan DID cover data.