5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2011 11:34 PM by SuzyQ RSS

Text Retrieval

mrlibra

How can I obtain physical copies of old texts? I did not see a retrieval option through my verizon wireless account to do this.

Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: Text Retrieval
          Spiral

mrlibra wrote:

How can I obtain physical copies of old texts? I did not see a retrieval option through my verizon wireless account to do this.

Thanks for any help.

First obtain a court order to subpoena the texts from Verizon (this is required).  Submit the subpoena to Verizon.  Wait until they provide the stored texts (I have heard they store anywhere from 6 days to 3 months worth).

No other options are available except to print (or email) the texts directly from your phone.

• 2. Re: Text Retrieval
            MiamiAvenger21

This is a coincidence because I asked the same exact thing not too long ago. Unfortunately, you would need a court order(Subpoena) in order to retrieve those text messages:smileysad: Don't worry I know that feeling, I also lost all of my texts on Christmas Day(Of This Year) when I had the VX8300 since 2007 and got the new Droid Incredible as a Christmas present. When my dad was connecting the new phone, I was looking through my old phone text messages and accidentally hit the delete button. Unless you know how to use some sort of software recovery it would work if you know how to use it. My opinion is that Verizon could easily print your texts within seconds, they just don't feel like doing it but that's just me.

• 3. Re: Text Retrieval
              spottedcatfish

MiamiAvenger21 wrote:

My opinion is that Verizon could easily print your texts within seconds, they just don't feel like doing it but that's just me.

Verizon has this policy in order to ensure your privacy, and the privacy of those people who send you text messages.  This way, only people who have a clear purpose and reason for seeing those messages can get them.

• 4. Re: Text Retrieval
                MiamiAvenger21

Well that's really a bummer because privacy always seems to be the big deal/issue nowadays even if they're your own messages. haha.

• 5. Re: Text Retrieval
                  SuzyQ

MiamiAvenger21 wrote:

Well that's really a bummer because privacy always seems to be the big deal/issue nowadays even if they're your own messages. haha.

Only half the messages on your phone are yours - the other half are the ones you received from someone else.....