Getting rid of unwanted applications
blondie181

How do i get rid of some of the applications that came on the phone? I went to setting, applications, manage/uninstall apps and i clicked on the ones that i don't want and it doesn't have uninstall on any of them. I don't use half of the applications on this phone and i was wondering if there was any other way to get rid of them?

0 Likes
Re: Getting rid of unwanted applications
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The ones that came on the phone can't be removed.  Well they can be but that's for another forum.  That said, the impact of those apps being there are pretty much negligible other than you being able to see the icon.

0 Likes
ldeweyjr

Thank Verizon for this.  They have locked the phone down so you can't remove the apps that they want to force down your throat.  This way Verizon makes more money from 3rd parties like Blockbuster.  They also use their own apps to push their service like Vcast so you buy music, ringtones, and map service from Verizon.  They've also locked down tethering so you have to pay more money to Verizon to do something that the phone and operating system were designed to provide for FREE. 

{edit for TOS violation}

0 Likes
MaxBuck
Contributor - Level 1

It's part of Verizon's business model to include applications on the phone that their developers have paid to put there.  You can't remove them without getting into programming of the phone itself, possibly voiding the warranty, but you can easily remove their shortcuts from the home screens.

What is the problem here?  Has anyone run out of base memory because of the presence of these apps?  If so I can understand the anger; otherwise if you don't like these things, ignore them.

0 Likes