4G LG 600 usb modem
walk711

This modem won't connect, and I get error message WMC671, and cannot find what this means

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G LG 600 usb modem
wvranch
Enthusiast - Level 1

I may have stumbled on the fix for the error code WMC-671 with the VL600 USB Modem.

I like the rest of you have been plaqued with the error code WMC-671, dropping connections, automatic reconnections with high noise levels, etc ... I have done all the things that everyone else has done and gone through the ordeal with the two levels of tech support and got absolutely no where.

Today I got a message on my computer saying that my connection was public on my desktop PC. So I went to the control panel under HomeGroup (Windows 7) and changed it from Public to HomeGroup. Ever since I have done that, for whatever reason, I have not experienced the problem anymore. I'm not losing connections nor getting the error code when trying to connect. I don't know if it is just a fluke but if it is I will accept it. If it is not and it helps others, great.

Just wanted to share the info and hope you have the same results. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mario1233445

TRY THIS:::  PUT THE PC IN STAND BY OR HIBERNATE MODE 5 SECONDS THEN TOUCH THE TURN ON BUTTON  OPEN

VZ AC. MGR CLICK DETECT DEVICE

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try removing  the device, then wait 5 seconds and reinsert the device.

If problems persists:

Try rebooting the the PC.  

0 Likes
pwhart

This does not work. I have the same error code regardless of what I tried. I have go far as to wipe the computer and reinstall Windows 7 Home Premium and then installed the Verizon software - same error WMC671

0 Likes
pwhart

Almost forgot - I also contacted Verizon tech support, they could not resolve the issue so I was "escalated" to some group specifically for 4G - they could not figure out what the error code was either. I was told they would contact me back after some research. that was December 17th. I still have not heard from them. They did provide a ticket # though?

0 Likes
Re: G LOG 600 USB modem
momogunner

I've had the same problem ever since I got the G.  It is sporadic with no pattern that I can see.  I keep trying or sometime have to reboot.  Would be nice to get a real explanation.  NEVER had any trouble before getting the G.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

The error code  WMC671 usually means there is a problem with the USB device.  It could be a  power  consumption  issue due to conflicts with power management settings or a dormancy issue.   Usually closing VZAccess Manager and then removing and re-inserting the USB device will correct the issue.  If the issue is not corrected after that a reboot of the computer is recommended. 

0 Likes
gussde

I got the same error after I kept getting disconnected throughout the night. It never did b4. Removing and reconnecting the modem did nothing. I saw the above post about power consumption and plugged in my power adapter and it connected. Hope this is not the beginning of it's demise. 

0 Likes
PaulD

Noah, 

Unfortunately, I'm still receiving the same error code.  I've adjusted my power settings and even flashed the firmware on the usb dongle.  I also tried several different USB ports to no avail.  Drivers installed just fine after plugging the device in.

I received the VL600 USB modem last Friday.  I'm working off of a Windows 7 64-bit laptop.

I really need a functional usb modem at the present moment and I'm considering switching to a different carrier to get something that works.

0 Likes
Bandit102

I've been having the same problems.  Won't connect, network not registered, going dormant; its really starting to get under my skin.  I've been on the phone with tech support and they have me plug it in and un plug it and reboot and do basically nothing until it finally connects and they say "Thanks for being the biggest part of Verizon Wireless" and NOTHING GETS FIXED!!!  I've been with Verizon for a LOT of years and have never had a complaint, but these 4G air card problems are about to ruin the relationship!

0 Likes