Merry Christmas to all n00bs out there, some pages you might want to look at.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I know it's gift giving time again, so this place will most likely get flooded with new users once again.  Not a bad thing, but I'm hoping these links will help new and veteran users alike learn a little more about their new (or well worn) toys.  The first one here: http://www.androidcentral.com/get-android-christmas-heres-how-get-started-your-new-phone has links to some good overall info regarding android phones in general.

The second one, here: http://phandroid.com/2010/12/25/your-smartphones-battery-gauge-is-lying-to-you-and-its-not-such-a-ba... explains a little bit about battery use and what your battery gauge is really telling you.

Merry Christmas to all, and I hope this helps answer some basic questions you may have.  Android phones are amazing little devices, but they do take some getting used to.

ENJOY!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Merry Christmas to all n00bs out there, some pages you might want to look at.
B33
Legend

demmo when i clicked on your 2 link u got on here it comes up page not found ur first one is ok as it goes to android central but the second one needs fixen!

0 Likes
Re: Merry Christmas to all n00bs out there, some pages you might want to look at.
B33
Legend

new customers an cutomers that have android devices definitely needs to visit phandroid site an read that artical as it gives a great perspective on charging batteries. thanks demmo for finding this an lettin all of us know about it.  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Sorry about that, this should work for the second one: http://phandroid.com/2010/12/25/your-smartphones-battery-gauge-is-lying-to-you-and-its-not-such-a-ba...

It looks like a copy and paste fail, the whole thing didn't get on there.  Thanks for letting me know.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

your welcome kudos an cool beans too ya!  :smileywink:

0 Likes
thatgirlg

Oops!  Just got a Droid X for Christmas. Thanks for the links. I was just sitting at work wondering why my battery has gone from full to empty in a matter of hours without being used. My phone is also very hot. WTH? I guess I have some reading to do. Seems like it may be fun, but I just hope that I don't regret it and want to send it back.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

thatgirlg.....that's not normal. it shouldn't drain in a matter of hours if it's not being used and it definitely should not be very hot. if you are sure you're not running anything (streaming video or music or left the web browser open, etc) then it should not drain that fast or get hot. there are lemons out there, so if you have problems with your X be sure to get a new one within 30 days. i believe they replace a faulty device with a brand new one if it's returned within 30 days. after that, you get a "like new" device.

0 Likes
thatgirlg

LOL! Thx! Yeah, I woke up, made a few calls, and went to work. I placed my phone on my desk and did not use it. About a few hours at work it had drained about 10%, then about another couple hours it was almost dead. Thanks for the advice. I will go to the store. Question. WIll having all my emails and things come to my phone drain the battery?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

thatgirlg wrote:

LOL! Thx! Yeah, I woke up, made a few calls, and went to work. I placed my phone on my desk and did not use it. About a few hours at work it had drained about 10%, then about another couple hours it was almost dead. Thanks for the advice. I will go to the store. Question. WIll having all my emails and things come to my phone drain the battery?

What kind of reception do you get on your desk at work. If you get poor or no reception at work, your phone will be constantly searching for service. This WILL drain your battery in just a few hours and your phone will warm up a bit with all of the extra work it is doing looking for that service. In my office, I leave my phone on, just turn off phone and data connections, and it is fine for the whole day. If I leave those items on, the phone is dead by 1 or 2 PM just because it is searching for service the entire day.

0 Likes
thatgirlg

Great idea. My reception is not good at all. SO this may be the problem. I wiil try to see what happens tomorrow. I just got it, so I will try anything to keep it. I was soooooooooo excited.

How do I turn off the data connections? Will just turning the phone off work? Or do I have to turn off the data connections?

0 Likes