3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2010 2:30 AM by budone RSS

three digit number from unidentified caller

While checking incomming calls on one of my phones I noticed a 3 digit number as number of incomming caller, when I checked online this morning it came up as all 9's. anyone know what that means?

• 1. Re: three digit number from unidentified caller
          budone

Normally this is a call from a company with their own phone system installed. You are seeing the callers extension.

• 2. Re: three digit number from unidentified caller
            SuzyQ
            Aha!! The other day my husband got a call from a 3 digit number, 346 or something like that. He gets lots of calls from stockbrokers and investment firms that come in as "Unavailable" or "Restricted", which he chooses to ignore; they never leave a message.

The 9999999999 means restricted or blocked caller ID, so that plus the 3 digits showing on the call itself would explain this....another brokerage call, from their internal phone system (caller ID blocked) and then the particular callers extension....thanks budone! Mystery solved!
            • 3. Re: three digit number from unidentified caller
              budone

SuzyQ wrote:
              Aha!! The other day my husband got a call from a 3 digit number, 346 or something like that. He gets lots of calls from stockbrokers and investment firms that come in as "Unavailable" or "Restricted", which he chooses to ignore; they never leave a message.

The 9999999999 means restricted or blocked caller ID, so that plus the 3 digits showing on the call itself would explain this....another brokerage call, from their internal phone system (caller ID blocked) and then the particular callers extension....thanks budone! Mystery solved!

I read your mind, I knew you were wondering about that! :smileysurprised: