2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2010 12:28 AM by Ms_Shonta RSS

walmart prepaid won't activate

gato

i bought a prepaid verizon phone from walmart but can't figure out how to activate and can't find anyone that can help me, any other ideas?

• 1. Re: walmart prepaid won't activate
          spottedcatfish

Usually there are activation instructions on the packaging for the phone.  You can also click the "Contact Us" link at the top right of this page, follow the prompts and get the number to call for Prepaid Support.  They can walk you through the activation process if you find the written instructions unclear or have a problem.

• 2. Re: walmart prepaid won't activate
            Ms_Shonta

Hi Gato, I am a Verizon Wireless Representative and I will be more than happy to assist you with getting your device activated. There are a few options you are able to use in order to activate the device. You are able to activate the phone via the following link:

https://billpaysvc.verizonwireless.com/vzwprepay/prepay/nos/showPhoneActivationPage.action

You can also activate the phone via by dialing *22898 or *22888. You will then follow the prompts. Once prompted, you will be asked to enter in your zip code. Once this process is completed, you will place an outbound call, listen to the Welcome Message, and select a messaging language. The activation is complete once you hear the amount of talk time available for the call.