Bluetooth broken on Verizon Galaxy Tab?
Hiway

Is there a fix on the way for the Bluetooth functionality on the Galaxy Tablet?  It seems that with all other versions,(from other providers) it is possible to use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.  The Verizon Galaxy will not work with a Keyboard and Mouse at all.  This has been confirmed on many forums.

Is this just a mistake that will be corrected soon with an over the air update or should I consider a return to get a device from another company?  I can't imagine a good reason this would have been removed by Verizon.  All other vendors have it available so what is the story?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth broken on Verizon Galaxy Tab?
MonarchWines

Is there any update or offical word on resolving the Versizon version of the Galaxy Tablet not working with any bluetooth headsets or hands free devices?  I ended up buying two and returning both only to find out what appears to be Verizon intentionally disabling the Bluetooth?

0 Likes
jpreston84

I'd just like to add that I, too, am experiencing this problem. Verizon appears to have intentionally disabled bluetooth keyboard support. Please fix this ASAP!

0 Likes
rmjdees
The real question is how long are we goig to have to wait for HID bluetooth support. It's built into all of the GSM versions of the device. It shouldn't be that hard to add.

Going with VZW on the tab may have been the wrong way to go. Tmobile has full bluetooth support and left the sd card open and still has 16G of internal memory. The VTW tab is crippled.
0 Likes
Hiway

Funny how the official reply from a moderator to my original post is gone now.  It said they were aware of the issue and were working on it.  Does this mean that had changed and no fix is on the way? 

Time to see if Sprint will fix this.  On a month to month plan I loose nothing by switching.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Hiway wrote:

Is there a fix on the way for the Bluetooth functionality on the Galaxy Tablet?  It seems that with all other versions,(from other providers) it is possible to use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.  The Verizon Galaxy will not work with a Keyboard and Mouse at all.  This has been confirmed on many forums.

Is this just a mistake that will be corrected soon with an over the air update or should I consider a return to get a device from another company?  I can't imagine a good reason this would have been removed by Verizon.  All other vendors have it available so what is the story?

Hi, it doesn't seem as you say.  There is a discussion among a few users on Android forums and xda with a youtube video of  a Japanese tab was shown with a bluetooth mouse.  It was pathetically slow--you should wach it--and hilarious too.  It is a touchscreen device, lol.  I don't know if it is related to foreign or GSM versions but some reported eventual success with a Tmob version and there was one report of AT&T.  None for Sprint, I think.  

I had a similar issue with Bluetooth voice acttivated dialing on Android--none!.  That was essential to me, but I got the Droid anyway. The feature wasn't added until Froyo.  Anyway what function do these accomplish better than touch or that you need?  To each his own.  Seems to defeat the purpose of a tab.  But if that is essential to you, you should shop around--It's interesting to note that that feature is not touted on any of the carrier's websites--there is no differentiation at all.  They all say 3.0 and none say HID.  But on Samsung's site, they vary.  TMob says 3.0, the other say "yes".  

0 Likes
Hiway

I don't need a mouse.  I do need a keyboard.  Verizon seems to agree it is useful and sells a keyboard dock for the Tab.  I already have a folding Bluetooth keyboard and it would be perfect to carry to meetings with my tab instead of a PC.  A full keyboard dock would be a bit much to carry around to meetings and client offices don't you think?  A folding keyboard is smaller than the tab when stored.  There is even a case for the Galaxy Tab available with a Bluetooth keyboard built in.  When you open it it has the screen in landscape and the keyboard below it.  That is the perfect thing for taking notes at a meeting.  If none of this matters to you that's fine.  It does to me.  Had I known Verizon had a crippled version of the device for sale I would have gone to another provider.  I missed the short return window.  If they would take it back now I would be happy to return it.

0 Likes
Hiway

Here is what I want to work.  Looks useful right?

Case & Keyboard

I am very active on a Galaxy Tab forum.  It is not just me that is upset by this and it is not just Tabs in Europe that support Bluetooth Keyboards.  Many users are pairing with a keyboard to make the Tab a PC replacement when traveling on business.  It makes the Tab more useful and not supporting the Bluetooth keyboards is a bad decision.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Hiway wrote:

I don't need a mouse.  I do need a keyboard.  Verizon seems to agree it is useful and sells a keyboard dock for the Tab.

See that, but wow, no details.  Is it bluetooth?  No mention of connectivity at all.  

I already have a folding Bluetooth keyboard and it would be perfect to carry to meetings with my tab instead of a PC.  A full keyboard dock would be a bit much to carry around to meetings and client offices don't you think?  A folding keyboard is smaller than the tab when stored.  There is even a case for the Galaxy Tab available with a Bluetooth keyboard built in.  When you open it it has the screen in landscape and the keyboard below it.  That is the perfect thing for taking notes at a meeting. 

Saw your link; that is snazzy.  None of the sites imply any variations.  Hardly even Samsung.  very small. 

If none of this matters to you that's fine.  It does to me. 

Didn't mean anything like that at all

Had I known Verizon had a crippled version of the device for sale I would have gone to another provider.  I missed the short return window.  If they would take it back now I would be happy to return it.

Cripple is easy to say, but... lame, lol.  Why don't ANY of  the US versions have voice?  I don't know why they vary.  I would want everything on it. Sorry you missed the 30-day and the problem in general.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

And are you checking out XDA?  They may help save it.

0 Likes