Blackberry Storm2
workingman
Contributor - Level 1

What does "uncaught exception" mean? It came up after I did a battery pull. It actually said "uncaught exception 2"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm2
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided some information below that may help.

An Uncaught Exception is an event, which occurs during the execution of a program, that disrupts the normal flow of the program's instructions. These will typically be displayed as java.lang.nullpointerexception or java.lang.illegalargument errors on the BlackBerry.

If you are receiving an error of "Uncaught exception: Index 2 >= 2 java .lang.error" it may be a corrupt OS file. I would recommend doing a battery pull (while the device is powered on). A battery pull is similar to restarting a desktop computer and is usually the first step in troubleshooting the BlackBerry device.

Battery pull instruction

-While the device is powered on, remove the battery
-Wait 2 minutes and put the battery back in.
-The device should power back on by itself (it may take 2-3 minutes to complete power on)

If you are still getting the error message, and it is effecting the use of the phone, you will need to wipe the device.

Wipe instruction article below *Backup instructions are also mentioned in the article below as wiping the device will remove all data that is not on the sd card.

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=26471

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm2
Pig

I did all of this for 2 days. Wiped it came home finally was able to add ADDRESS book when I synched the contacts bombed out with a different error

0x80040fbs error  found a fix that said i needed name and company fields included so I input something in 400 oontacts resynched and one contact came on phone 50 times.  Now Nullipoint error is back and the contact icon on storm does nothing

0 Likes