can't add another gmail account to my phone
Iamjim

I have a Samsung fascinate phone. I opened a gmail account when I purchased the phone. It works well. Yesterday, I opened another gmail account on my laptop. I am trying to add the account to my phone but every time I try I get a message that reads "can't establish a reliable data connection to the server". I have tried many times but I get the same message everytime. I have no problem getting into my account on my laptop to can't add it to my phone.

The steps I follow to add the account to my phone are: settings->accounts and sync->add account->google->already have a google account->username and password but no luck. I get "can't establish a reliable data connection to the server" message. Am I doing something wrong?
 I called tech support at verizon and they said I was doing it correctly. They reset my phone and I took the battery out and tried again but no luck.
 Can anyone help?
0 Likes
Re: can't add another gmail account to my phone
Sexxisol
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to add my second Gmail account from the folder that just says email (the one withe green background w/white envelope, you can find it in applications) press menu, you'll see accounts, press it and then you'll see add account.  From there you will be able to enter your gmail details for the additional account.  For whatever reason you can't add it from the Gmail application. 

Good Luck! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: can't add another gmail account to my phone
Iamjim

Thanks. 

0 Likes