Dead Phone won't charge from computer
dunner87

I have a Nokia Twist, and right now it is sitting on the desk next to my computer with a dead battery.  I have previously charge my phone from the computer, connecting it to the USB port, but at that point the phone was on and in sync mode.  I tried plugging my dead phone into the computer, and for about 10-15 minutes it showed the charging screen on the phone.  The Found New Device thing popped up, I ran it just in case, it didn't find anything, but I didn't worry about it.  Then my phone all of a sudden stopped charging, and now no matter what I do, my phone will not start charging from my computer.  Apparently enough charge was not imparted on my phone, because it still will not turn on.  Any suggestions as to what I can do to get my phone to start charging again?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dead Phone won't charge from computer
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Try charging your phone with the wall outlet charger that came with the phone when you purchased it, allow the phone to charge while it is powered off.  

0 Likes
Geo644

I HAVE A LG VX9700, THAT I CHARGED OVERNIGHT(DONE BEFORE)   i CAN'T GET IT TO RESPOND NOW. wHICH BUTTON IS THE CORRECT ONE TO START IT? OR IS IT A DEAD BATTERY. wHERE CAN i GET THAT CHECKED AND OR REPLACED. THANK YOU.

GEO644

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Geo644 wrote:

I HAVE A LG VX9700, THAT I CHARGED OVERNIGHT(DONE BEFORE)   i CAN'T GET IT TO RESPOND NOW. wHICH BUTTON IS THE CORRECT ONE TO START IT? OR IS IT A DEAD BATTERY. wHERE CAN i GET THAT CHECKED AND OR REPLACED. THANK YOU.

GEO644

The END button turns the phone on...

To the OP. It might be because your computer didn't recognize your phone. Try downloading the driver for it online.

0 Likes
DontRegister
Contributor - Level 2

or the BATTERY is zapped and needs to be replaced,  batteries only last about 18months

0 Likes
SpOoNMaNLIVE

Just recently my battery seemed to die and all I could get from powering the phone on was the Verizon startup screen then it would go dead again. If I plug it in via the carger given with the phone, it will just power up/power down in the same fashion, just infinitely when it's connected to a wall socket. I bought a new battery and tried charging it the same way and got the same old result. I'm buying a standalone battery charger in hopes of charging the battery that way... At this point I have to ask though... is it the battery or is the phone just giving up?

0 Likes