Blocking a certain number from call/text
mysticrugby

Hi, I am trying to find a way to block one specific person from calling/texting (or at least receiving texts/calls from her).  Is there anyone that can help?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blocking a certain number from call/text
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon.  Thank you for all of your helpful responses.

As mentioned, Verizon Wireless offers a call-blocking feature that is included with your calling plan called Call and Message Blocking.  This feature allows customers to block up to five ten-digit numbers (per wireless number on the account) from calling or messaging them. Call and Message Blocking does not block calls from unknown or restricted numbers or messages sent from an e-mail address. The block will remain active for 90 days. Once it expires you will need to request to have the block reinstated.

Call and Message Blocking can be added/removed online by signing in to My Verizon using your Account Owner user ID and password and doing the following:

1.  Click on “Block Calls & Messages” icon located under “Plan” in the “I Want To” section at the bottom of your home page.

2.  Click on the “Call and Message Blocking” tab (next to Parental Controls.)

3.  Enter up to five 10-digit numbers under the Call and Message Block tab and click "Apply" once completed. 

I hope this information is helpful. 

Thank you,

VanessaC_vzwsupport

View solution in original post

Cody21
Master - Level 2

I know you can block a CALL - just go to your Verizon Online account and click on the SPAM options..  Buried in there is a "BLOCK" calls item ... You just key in the Phone number...   Not sure if that would also block TEXT messages.

0 Likes
rbritto201
Enthusiast - Level 3

This blocks texts and calls from that number

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You can use call Blocker Gold from Market or http://www.appbrain.com/app/call-blocker-gold-license/blacknWhite.CallBlocker.Gold.License but if you know the information Cody21 suggestion will work better for you.

0 Likes
rbritto201
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cody21 wrote:

I know you can block a CALL - just go to your Verizon Online account and click on the SPAM options..  Buried in there is a "BLOCK" calls item ... You just key in the Phone number...   Not sure if that would also block TEXT messages.

Just an FYI. I have used this before and it works great, but it will unblock the # after 120 days so you have to remember to reset it.  It also will not block you from sending messages to her

btrappen

how do you block numbers/texting

0 Likes
Ox1de

2 ways to set call/txt blocking.  Online which was already went over and you can call customer care from you vzw handset by dialing *611 and have them add it for you.  You can only add 5 numbers at a time to be blocked from calling or texting you.  They expire in 120 days which was mentioned.  Also you can't block abnormal numbers like weird 000 numbers you get sometimes with spam texts or international numbers.

You can also subscribe to a feature called usage controls on my verizon which allows you to set very specific blocking on certain phones on your plan.  Also allows you to block more than 5 numbers, can block 20 numbers instead.  Can block those weird numbers and international numbers too if I remember correctly.  You can also add trusted numbers which can be the only numbers you can communicate with or recieve calls from.  Set restrictions like time of day or night the phone can be used and for what things it can be used.  This would be something to look into if you need parental controls or have international spam calls/txts or need to block more than 5 numbers at a time.  You can get this for $4.99 per month extra on your bill.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon.  Thank you for all of your helpful responses.

As mentioned, Verizon Wireless offers a call-blocking feature that is included with your calling plan called Call and Message Blocking.  This feature allows customers to block up to five ten-digit numbers (per wireless number on the account) from calling or messaging them. Call and Message Blocking does not block calls from unknown or restricted numbers or messages sent from an e-mail address. The block will remain active for 90 days. Once it expires you will need to request to have the block reinstated.

Call and Message Blocking can be added/removed online by signing in to My Verizon using your Account Owner user ID and password and doing the following:

1.  Click on “Block Calls & Messages” icon located under “Plan” in the “I Want To” section at the bottom of your home page.

2.  Click on the “Call and Message Blocking” tab (next to Parental Controls.)

3.  Enter up to five 10-digit numbers under the Call and Message Block tab and click "Apply" once completed. 

I hope this information is helpful. 

Thank you,

VanessaC_vzwsupport

mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

again the rep m arked it as solved! what is going on!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I wish I knew.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes