mifi, iPad, MacBook Pro, firewall, port 32070, Remote HD (iPad app)
mifi_owie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a MacBook Pro (MBP) running Mac OS 10.6.5 that stays home whilst I traverse here and there with my trusty iPad. I use an iPad app called Remote HD to access my MBP when I'm on the road. I recently dropped my iPad's AT&T service to get a mifi 2200. Now I have problems.

I am able to control my MBP with my iPad when I'm on my home network using an Airport Extreme Wireless router; I can even control my MBP with my iPad when I'm home with both connected to the mifi. AT&T was great too (when I could find a strong 3G signal).

When I'm away from home, however, my attempts to connect my iPad to the MBP timeout. I suspect the problem is a firewall within the mifi.

I'm able to connect my iPad and MBP over the internet using a coworkers Sprint 4G device so I'm pretty sure something within the mifi 2200 is the problem.

Does anyone know how to open port 32070 or 32071 on a mifi 2200 or disable its firewall?

0 Likes
Re: mifi, iPad, MacBook Pro, firewall, port 32070, Remote HD (iPad app)
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try using these steps below:

The Intelligent Mobile Hotspot supports all the latest WEP/WPA/WPA-2 security and NAT firewall protocols. It is recommended that security is set up in order to prevent unauthorized use.  To configure your security settings on the Intelligent Mobile Hotspot, access the device administrator tools, enter http://192.168.1.1 into your Wi-Fi enabled device’s web browser when connected to the Intelligent Mobile Hotspot in Wi-Fi mode.

Try using Port Forwarding:

Available on the Advanced menu, this feature allows incoming traffic (from the Internet) to
be forwarded to a particular computer or device on your local WLAN. Normally, incoming
traffic from the Internet is blocked by the Firewall.

You need to use Port Forwarding to allow Internet users to access any server you are running
on your computer, such as a Web server, FTP server, or E-mail server. Also, for some on-line
games, Port Forwarding must be used in order for the game to function correctly. 

Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar for information about port forwarding.

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=23755

0 Likes