Help! how do I uninstall Slacker Radio????
frustratedmax

My phone recently installed an upgrade and through this upgrade it installed Slacker radio but now its not letting me uninstall it!!! I have tried everything I can possible think of any new ideas would help please its really bugging me now...

0 Likes
Re: Help! how do I uninstall Slacker Radio????
bk2

Market>Menu>Downloads>Slacker>Uninstall>OK>Select reason>OK

0 Likes
YummyBacon

I am having the same issue.  I went to Market>Menu>Downloads, but no Slacker Radio was there.  So now I can't delete this unwanted app.  This is only one of the unwanted battery sucking apps I don't want.  Verizon, can we, the users, pic which apps we want in out HTC Incredibles?  Why should the carrier, Verizon, force us to have these unwanted, unused apps?  They turn on with out my permission because I can not change the defaults on apps like Twitter, Peep, Amazon MP3, Slacker Radio.....

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you can't uninstall the preloaded apps or the apps that load with updates. vzn has agreements with the developers of these apps and i'm sure they are getting paid. it's one aspect that assists in subsidizing the cost of these devices. part of the reason we get $600 devices for $0-$200. 

0 Likes
Zbyszek

Statement about subsidizing phone is not always true, and I don't think you suppose to use it. I paid full price for the phone and still get unwanted and unremovable applications, like slacker.

0 Likes
dimap
Contributor - Level 1

It doesn't matter if you buy a phone for $600 full retail  or $200 subsidized, as an earlier poster said, part of the subsity comes from the agreements vzw makes with developers. VZW isn't going to cook up a "clean" rom for full-price phones and a "bloated" rom for subsidized ones. Besides, Android 2.2 has it's own memory manager so I suggest just leave whatever apps auto-run alone and let the phone manage them as needed. I've never used an app killer, never worried about pre-loaded apps, leave wi-fi on all day, and my battery life is just fine. A bit short, but fine.

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Zbyszek wrote:

Statement about subsidizing phone is not always true, and I don't think you suppose to use it. I paid full price for the phone and still get unwanted and unremovable applications, like slacker.

While some applications cannot be removed from a phone, please keep mind that you have the option to close the application and will not run in the background. To close any unwanted application please follow the instruction below:

From your main screen, tap Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage applications>All>Find unwanted application (Slacker)>Force Stop.

You can even clear all data and cache utilized by the unwanted application from this screen to ensure is not taking any memory from your phone.

0 Likes
Sirius

I have tried doing the Force Stop, but when I re-check the "Running" tab in "Manage Applications" the same apps will often be running again even if the phone has not been used for the period of time between stopping certain apps and checking to see if they are running again. It is frustrating and I think an app should stay closed unless I turn it back on or restart the phone.

0 Likes
jlboiler34
Enthusiast - Level 1
Dear verizon,

Please explain the antitrust loophole here. As you may recall, about 15 years ago the department of justice successfully sued microsoft for...drum roll please...preloading and giving preference to its internet explorer browser. Seems like not so different a scenario with apps that run and cant be uninstalled.

This preference was viewed as anti-competitive and not in the best interest of consumers with the payout being substantial.

Please explain what you response will be when the DoJ comes a knockin. Thank you.
johnt519

That's {word filter avoidance}. . I force quit several Verizon loaded bloatware (skype, city Id (most useless turd ever), slacker, stock Facebook) but they restart themselves almost right away. Nice try.

0 Likes