IMAP vs POP setting on phone?
MeadowSage

After several hours on the phone yesterday with Charter and Verizon, I thought i had my problems solved.  Phone seemed to be working.  However, this is where I am today:

Phone receives e-mail but won't send.  Laptop email (Charter and Outlook) will send but won't receive.

I have a splitting headache and am really tired of trying to be a tech detective.  However, I did find this on Charter's web page, which is different from the settings Verizon gives you for Charter e-mail through outlook. 

Wonder if it's the difference between IMAP and POP setting?  Put IMAP setting on phone, but noticed that Charter outlook on laptop has pop setting.  Anybody know?

This site has the basic settings necessary to configure your Fascinate to connect to Charter's e-mail servers:

Mobile Email Settings - Charter Communications

In short:

If your mobile device was not addressed in above section, the following directions may be of assistance.

• You will need the following information to allow your Smartphone to connect to mobile.charter.net.
  • Username : username@charter.net
  • Make sure you enter @charter.net after your username or you will be unable to login.
  • Password: The password you use to login to your e-mail account
  • SSL : This setting should be on for both SMTP and IMAP
  • SMTP: mobile.charter.net
    • Port 587
    • Note: If you cannot specify a port on your device - try mobile.charter.net:587
  • IMAP: mobile.charter.net
    • Port 993
    • Note: If you cannot specify a port on your device - try mobile.charter.net:993
  • If applicable: a login will be required when sending and receiving mail.
  • Please refer to your manufacturers Knowledge Base or Technical Support with additional questions
0 Likes
Re: IMAP vs POP setting on phone?
moates
Contributor - Level 3

Here are some things that you can try:

Mail Type: POP

Incoming Mail Server: mail.charterinternet.com

Username: myusername@charter.net (first part of your email address DO NOT omit the @charter.net)

Password: whatever the password is to access the charter email account

Port: 110

Encryption: None

Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.charterinternet.com

Authentication: ON

Username: myusername@charter.net (first part of your email address DO NOT omit the @charter.net)

Password: whatever the password is to access the charter email account

Port: 25

Encryption: none"

0 Likes