Do not save google search bar app history- or do not save clear shortcuts
lemurdroid

Hi- I can clear my browser history and not save it. I can clear my google search bar app "history" called shortcuts for whatever reason. I want to have google suggest things. I have done every single thing suggested on every board I can find.  However- how do you set it up so that the google search bar shows nothing when I touch the search area itself?

For example- I have the google search bar sitting on one of my home pages. I click inside the box to bring up my keypad and search suggestions- but it shows all the searches I've done before. So- I go in and clear shortcuts and they DO go away. But how do i stop them from ever being there at all?

Sorry to insult peoples' intelligence- but I have seen others ask this question and none of the answers are correct for this particular thing. They are all for authenticated and non-authenticated history on the browser and/or clearing the search bar app history one time.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Do not save google search bar app history- or do not save clear shortcuts
Droid-GT

Hi,

Let me see if I can help. Just to confirm, you're talking about the google "widget" correct? (grey bar with "G" on the left side, and the voice input microphone on the right)

If so, if you tap the search bar, then press menu > Search settings > google search > then uncheck "search history". you could also uncheck "show web settings" and "use my location" if you like also. I think the search history is the one you were looking for

Please let me know if this does or doesn't help you and I can try and better understand what you are asking for

Good luck

R

0 Likes
Re: Do not save google search bar app history- or do not save clear shortcuts
lemurdroid

Hi- thank you for your reply- that is exactly the bar I was talking about. However- I did turn that off- its not on (the Show Search History). When I tap the search bar - it still shows what I searched on before. I guess it's not a big deal. I just work in compliance for IT and am weird about having everything not store anything unnecessary. It was a big step for me to get a phone that does all this!

0 Likes