Droid Incredible Frozen At White Screen
jennav

My HTC Incredible droid started repeatedly rebooting and would not let me turn it off/access the settings.  After I removed the battery, all it is doing now is either freezing at the white 'HTC Incredible' screen immediately, or going through a full reboot cycle and then freezing at the white 'HCT Incredible' screen.  Anything I can do to get it working again?

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible Frozen At White Screen
budone
Legend

I found this. Lets see if it works first.

Sometimes services and apps you install on your HTC Droid Incredible can interfere with its functionality. If you’ve reached a point where the phone freezes at startup or malfunctions in a way that you can’t remove the problem, Safe Mode is the answer. Booting in Safe Mode will load only software and drivers from factory defaults. This should allow you access to remove whatever ails your smartphone.

1. Turn the device off. If the power button doesn’t do the trick, remove and replace the battery.

2. Power the device on.

3. When the logo appears, press and hold the Menu button.

4. Continue holding the Menu button until you see the home screen.

The words Safe Mode should appear in the lower left corner if you performed the steps correctly.

If this works, I would start deleting apps, newest download first.

0 Likes
jennav

Thank you. It's back up now (it took a while after removing the SM card for it to start working) but I'll try this solution should it have problems again.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@jennav
You mean the SD card, right?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes