Unable to send Picture Messages!!!!
game5

Everytime I send a picture message, I receive a notification saying "Unable to send message. Retrying - Generic Network Failure" ... How can I fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to send Picture Messages!!!!
budone
Legend

If you have the Incredible you would not have blocks as you are paying for unlimited data.

How large a picture are you attempting to send?  I think it can be 500k tops. if too large it will not be sent.

I would first pull the battery while the unit is on. Wait a minute, replace it and turn on the device.

Then I would call *228 option 1 to reset your device. You will not lose anything. See if either one of those work.

Did you port the number to Verizon recently?

If none of these suggestions work call tech support from another phone. 800-922-0204 they are option 3, they can see if there is a setting that is incorrect.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Do you have any blocks on your phone?

0 Likes
game5

Not sure .. How can I check?

0 Likes
game5

I have a DROID INCREDIBLE

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If you have the Incredible you would not have blocks as you are paying for unlimited data.

How large a picture are you attempting to send?  I think it can be 500k tops. if too large it will not be sent.

I would first pull the battery while the unit is on. Wait a minute, replace it and turn on the device.

Then I would call *228 option 1 to reset your device. You will not lose anything. See if either one of those work.

Did you port the number to Verizon recently?

If none of these suggestions work call tech support from another phone. 800-922-0204 they are option 3, they can see if there is a setting that is incorrect.

0 Likes
game5

ive always had the same phone number and have been with verizon.  i got the droid about a month ago and had to replace it because i i spilled water on it. so they gave me a new device. but since then, ive had problem sending picture messages.

0 Likes
game5

it seems to be working now! i just called *228 and pressed 1 ... thanks!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
budone
Legend

AWESOME! Not a problem. I am glad it was an easy fix.

0 Likes
Sturden

No blocks

0 Likes
rjaffeux

I tried the *228 thing and it didn't work. I've received pictures in the past. I know I can't send them and I know my husband can't send or receive them. I know my husband can't send me any... I have a LG Enlighten. My other prob. is it always says I have no memory. Now I know I do. I had it nearly full and when I got the first notice, I removed nearly everything. but it still said it was low. My SD card is used maybe 1/4 full and the phone is about 1/2 or maybe more. but the SD card is nearly empty. I take all the updates off nearly everything all the time. I remove all the pictures all the time and messages. I don't know what else to remove.It seems to me it doesn't remove what I remove. Because in a day or two it's saying it's full again and I haven't done anything. Frustrating.

0 Likes