Devour - Home button doesn't work
thenino34

The Home button on my Motorola Devour is not working...I cannot get back to the home screen.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Devour - Home button doesn't work
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

First try doing a soft reset on the device. 

Soft Reset
Press the Power key.
Touch Power off.
Press the Power key again to power on the device

Then dial *228 send and option 1 on the device.

If the problem persist try holding down the home button 2-3 seconds and then releasing, for 2 to 3 times with the device powered on.  

0 Likes
wlrlbam

hey, this just happened to my devour also about 2 days ago. the home button will make the quick vibrate when i tap it but it wont do anything other than make the vibrate. also about a week ago the phone died and when i got it plugged up and turned it back on i had to re-log in to my blur account but all my apps and stuff were still on the phone. it has never synced the pictures with facebook for my contacts like it should. after it made me relog in to my blur account i had to uninstall manually a handful of apps and reinstall them to get them to work again. ever since then i havent been able to add my myspace account back on the phone, and my twitter and email dont ever recieve anything. i think this phone was a refurb that wirefly is tryin to pass off as a new phone cause even though they promise me its a new phone, ive never gotten a brand new phone and called to set up my voicemail only to hear spanish instructions. and when i go to settings>about phone> system tutorial, a screen comes up with a begin button, i click begin and im back at the about phone menu.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

For problems with your Social Medial Applications, try logging out of the applications, then logging in back into  them.   Make sure that you log out of the application itself, then go to the mobile browser and log out of the web page as well.

For example: you would log out of the Facebook Application and the Facebook Main page on the mobile browser, then log back into the application and back into the main  page on the mobile browser.  

0 Likes
dragonsky1

I've been having the same problem with my Home Button not working, ever since the last upgrade went through.  I tried the "Soft Reset" and other advice above, with no luck. 

I've considered doing a complete reset, but I don't how much info I will loose.  I know you have to register with your Gmail address, however I never use it so I do not know my password or any other info for it.  I'm afraid if I do a factory reset I might loose everything and not be able to recover.  Not to mention everyone I know with the Devour had even more problems after doing a factory reset.

This phone has been nothing but one problem after another and everytime I go to a store for help, they treat me like crap and tell me there is nothing they can do.  I keep getting told to wait for the next update and that will fix it.  But everytime there is an update, it just makes the phone worse. 

I had the problem with the phone cycling on and off and killing the battery every two or three hours.  I took it to the store and explained that it was cycling on and off even while on the charger.  The woman then asked if I had ever plugged it in to charge because "It wont work if it's not charged."  I wanted to smack her.  After testing the battery, she told me it was bad and they would have to order me a new one as they don't carry Motorola batteries in store.  That was back in May.  I'm still waiting for my battery to arrive.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

We apologize that you are having so many  problems with your phone.    

You can reset your Gmail Password at the Gmail website at www.gmail.com.

There you would follow the password reset steps.  

Based on the information you provided,  a master reset would be the logical course of action.  

Keep in mind that you would loose your stored information, and the operating system will be the same after a master reset.  

Master Reset/Remote Wipe: Allows to reset device back to factory settings.

Factory data reset 
From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch SD Card, USB Mass Storage
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone

Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:

• Your Google account
  • System and application data and settings
  • Downloaded Applications

It will not erase: Current System software and bundled applications; SD Card files, such as music or Photos

For problems with your battery, if there was a replacement to be issued you would want to contact that store location that made the initial order for the replacement.   Since you  were not happy with the level of service you received at that location, you can also go to another location.  We apologize about the experience you have had and hope to continue to provide you with Verizon Wireless Service. 

Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar for store location information.  

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/storelocator/index.jsp

0 Likes
hadyno01

My home button is also not working.  I tried the *228 and I also tried the holding the home button for 2-3 seconds multple times.  Very frustrating.  Now what????

I also have the issue that it wants me to re-sync the Blur account.  My issue is that I can't remember my password but whoever set up the account in the store entered the wrong email address, so I can't even get an email back with my password.  Now what do I do?  Do I have to do a full reset just to get it to work?

0 Likes
kSo9204
Contributor - Level 2

Since you have already completed the the basic troubleshooting steps, I recommend attempting some reset options to resolve the issue. This can be completed via the following steps:

From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch SD Card, USB Mass Storage
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Select Erase Everything
Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:

• Your Google account
  • System and application data and settings
  • Downloaded Applications

It will not erase: Current System software and bundled applications; SD Card files, such as music or Photos

Soft Reset
Press the Power key.
Touch Power off.
Press the Power key again to power on the device

Note: If unable to power device off, have user remove battery from device and reinstall battery and power device back on.

Alternate Reset process

1. Press and hold the Power button.
  2. Touch Power off.
  3. Slide the keyboard open.
  4. Press and hold the Space key + R key + Power button simultaneously until the Recovery screen (exclamation point inside of a triangle, Example screen shot) appears.
  5. From the Recovery screen, press the Z + M keys at the same time.

Remote Wipe

To wipe your phone data:

1. Log into your MOTOBLUR account: www.motorola.com/mymotoblur.
  2. On the phone profile page, follow the link to delete data.

Warning: All downloaded apps and user data on your phone will be deleted. Data on your memory
card will not be deleted.

0 Likes