9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2010 6:13 PM by WarSamEagle RSS

Mobile Hotspot won't Connect

luckylucchese

I cannot get the mobile hotspot to connect, It turns on has full bars. The netbook I'm trying to connect to even shows up on the phone. But it wont connect, VZAccess Manager says aunthenticaitng but wont go any further then that.

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: Mobile Hotspot won't Connect
          mikeinanaheim

This worked for me:

Turn on Mobile HotSpot.

Change network name.

Change password.

Try to connect with other device and it should

ask you for the new password and then connect.

• 2. Re: Mobile Hotspot won't Connect
            SydneyK

If you've tried the above and it still doesn't work, check to make sure the free mobile hotspot feature was added to your plan.

• 3. Re: Mobile Hotspot won't Connect
              wushu2004
              Where does VZAccess Manager fit into this?
              • 4. Re: Mobile Hotspot won't Connect
                Android10

In order for the Mobile HotSpot application to work,  you  will need to have the service feature "3g Mobile HotSpot".  If this service feature is not added to the account when you  download the Mobile HotSpot application, it will be able to connect devices via WIFI to the Palm device, but no data will be able to be transferred. 

First try a soft reset on the device.

Press and hold the power button. 
                Touch Power. 
                Touch Restart. 

From the Home screen, touch the launcher icon.

Touch Mobile HotSpot.

If necessary, swipe horizontally or vertically to locate the application.

From Network Info, touch the network name.

Network name field may be blank.
                Edit the network name as desired, then touch Done.

A network name is required for the Mobile HotSpot to operate correctly.

From Security touch the security type.

Touch the desired security type. 

Open 
                Security encryption disabled

WPA/WPA2 Personal 

Security encryption enabled 

If Security is set to WPA/WPA2 Personal, touch Change Passphrase.

Edit the passphrase as desired, then touch Done.

Then dial *228 send and option 1, and attempt to reconnect after the device powercycles. 

• 5. Re: Mobile Hotspot won't Connect
                  luckylucchese

I have been using it for 3-4 month now. So I know its on my plan. I tried what you suggested but it's still just says authenticating. I have been having issues with the Netbook. the following erroe comes up on startup "Generic host For Win32 Process Error" I have tried every fix i have seen posted. But nothing will make it go away. I even tried to restore the computer back to factory default but an error came up. I think I may have deleted some important files after a virus scan. 

I just dont understand why out regular Verizon Mobile Broadband will connect but my hotspot won't.

• 6. Re: Mobile Hotspot won't Connect
                    mikeinanaheim

You are onto something: it's likely the Netbook, not the Pre.

Confirmation is easy: get someone with an Ipod or Iphone

to look for your Pre's WiFi network and log in.  If they do log in,

it's time to do another factory-style restore on the Netbook to

get back deleted files.

• 7. Re: Mobile Hotspot won't Connect
                      Ms_Shonta

When connected using a Verizon Wireless Netbook you can use Verizon Wireless Access Manager to connect to the netbook. Verizon Wireless Access Manager will detect the wireless network for palm devices to use the hot spot feature.

• 8. Re: Mobile Hotspot won't Connect
                        Android10

The error "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services" is a security issue, you want to resolve this problem first by updating your PC's operating system using the links below. 

Try using the steps below to correct this issue.

Copy and paste the links below into your browser bar and follow the instructions to update your PC. 

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=A87B44B9-7A6A-49B6-BD89-AFAD4E049C48%20&displaylang=en

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894391

Note:  You may have to disable system restore. 

Once you have resolved this issue, try connecting the device again. 

• 9. Re: Mobile Hotspot won't Connect
                          WarSamEagle

Instructions in red worked for me on the first try. Thanks for the help connecting my Compaq Presario V2300 series to the internet via the Hot Spot on my new Palm Pre Plus.