Mobile Broadband -Can I get a pay-as-needed option (not month to month) without the phone Plan?
mobile1

I need mobile broadband only a day or so a week for my "on the road" sales calls.

A Verizon Rep told me I could use my own USB aircard (Verizon) on an "as needed basis" if I had  a Verizon phone plan. I would be charged the pro-rated amount based on the 59.99 bradband plan. I would just have to login or call 611 to activate it or turn it off.

I was ready to sign up but just found out that I have a big $ penalty if I switch my phone service from T-mobile to Verizon before Jan of 2010.

Would Verizon let me just do the pay-as-you-go plan on the mobile broadband (not the month-to month plan) without having to have a phone on the plan?

Thanks for any input.

0 Likes
Re: Mobile Broadband -Can I get a pay-as-needed option (not month to month) without the phone Plan
egray22

The answer to your question is yes... VZW does offer a pre pay broadband....

Call customer service for details

0 Likes
Re: Mobile Broadband -Can I get a pay-as-needed option (not month to month) without the phone Plan
mobile1

egray22 wrote:

The answer to your question is yes... VZW does offer a pre pay broadband....

Call customer service for details

Shannon: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service.  May I help you with your order today?
You: Hello, do you have a pay as you go broadband plan? I have my own Verizon USB aircard.
Shannon: I'd be happy to help you with that.
Shannon: No our broadband plans are either 1-year or 2-year contract plans
You: Are you sure about that? A verizon rep told me that he thought I could go month to month.
Shannon: Yes I am positive, we do not offer month to month mobile broadband plans.

Anyone have any different information?

0 Likes
DaniLove13
Contributor - Level 3

I think if you download the software for vzaccess manager from the website it gives you an option for daily use...

I would call customer service or maybe speak with telesales to see for sure.

0 Likes
PhoneGuy96826

If you have a Verizon Wireless Mobile Broadband device that is not active or associated with any bad accounts, you can use what is called a "Day Pass".  Its $15 per day.  You can also do the month to month to month option with contract, but it still requires a credit check. 

So...if you will use it more than 4 days out of the month, you are better off with the month to month option.  You will also pay an activation fee for the month to month (only one as long as you keep the service active).  That's also why I wouldn't suggest frequently cancelling and re-activating on month to month because it will end up costing you quite a bit in activation fees. 

0 Likes