3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2010 2:23 PM by VZWGuru RSS

ACCIDENTLY PAID BILL TWICE GOT MONEY BACK BUT NOW ON CASH ONLY BASIS

beania50

I ACCIDENTLY PAID MY BILL TWICE, MY HUSBAND SCHEDULED IT FOR AUTO WITH DRAW FROM CHECKING ACCOUNT AND I PAID IT ON THE CREDIT CARD.  GOT MY MONEY BACK BUT HAD TO WAIT 15 DAYS.  WENT IN ON COMPUTER TO PAY THE NEXT BILL COMING UP AND IT SAYS WE ARE ON CASH BASIS ONLY, WE CALLED AND THEY SAID SINCE OUR MONEY WAS RETURNED TO US THAT IT IS LIKE A RETURNED CHECK AND WE ARE ON CASH BASIS ONLY!!!!!!!!  THIS IS CRAZY AND GOT TO BE ILLEGAL.  WE HAVE CHECKED AT AT& T AND WE CAN GET THE SAME PLAN THAT WE ARE GETTING AT VERIZON FOR HALF THE MONEY,  I DO NOT WANT A COMPANY THAT PENALITIES YOU FOR WHAT IS YOUR AND NOT THEIRS.  DID NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH NOTHING UNTIL THIS HAPPEN.  WE LIVE ABOUT 20 MILES ONE WAY FROM THE NEAREST STORE SO THIS IS SUCH AND INCONVIENCE.  I DO NOT NEED A COMPANY YOU CAN NOT REASON WITH OR TAGS PEOPLE IN THIS MATTER,  WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND MAKE ERROR  BUT WE SHOULD NOT BE PENALIZED FOR THEM  FIX THEM AND GO ON.  IF THERE IS A SOLUTION  PLEASE LET ME KNOW  I LIKE THE SERVICE I GET WITH VERIZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1. Re: ACCIDENTLY PAID BILL TWICE GOT MONEY BACK BUT NOW ON CASH ONLY BASIS
          SuzyQ
          I would call customer service, and calmly (without the ALL caps and exclamation point excitement that your post implies) explain what happened, and that you would like to restore your account to be able to pay online. If the rep is not cooperative, thank them, hang up and call back. Eventually you will get someone who can help.

You may have to go through the explanation a few times, but I think if you present yourself as reasonable, and can calmly explain what happened, you'll get your account status righted.
          • 2. Re: ACCIDENTLY PAID BILL TWICE GOT MONEY BACK BUT NOW ON CASH ONLY BASIS
            hellopretty86

You need to speak with financial service department. Customer Service Rep, does not have option to change you back to no cash only status. All CSR can do is speak with them on your behalf, to see if they can convince to change you back due to the issue at hand.

• 3. Re: ACCIDENTLY PAID BILL TWICE GOT MONEY BACK BUT NOW ON CASH ONLY BASIS
              VZWGuru

Cash Only status is given when you have three or more returned payments in the last 6 months, when you have any payment returned within the first 60 days of account activation OR on accounts with a return payment of an amount greater than $500. Do any of these apply to you? If so, in these situations VZW reserves the right to put your account on a Cash Only status. Only a CFS (Financial Services) representative has the ability to remove Cash Only status from your account so you would want to speak with them if you have a dispute.