"Message not sent" won't go away
swampfox44
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have a "message not sent" notification in my status bar.When i swipe it it appears under notifications. When i select it,nothing is there. But, the next time I go open text messaging, this message reappears in status bar. Any ideas on how to delete this? Thanks

0 Likes
Re: "Message not sent" won't go away
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Try to take battery out an back in. Check with advanced task killer of there are any apps. The last thing to do would be a factory data reset.
0 Likes
swampfox44
Enthusiast - Level 2

already taken battery out, no dice. Haven't seen any apps related to it.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am not sure if you are speaking a email or sms but you need to go to Message app and there should be a number next to the + sign in the right hand corner, when pressed it will show unsent messages, press the - icon next to the message and this will allow you to delete the unsent message.  Sometime you have to open up the default sending app to be able to see this feature but this method should resolve your issue.

0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

Try a factory reset and make sure you remove your SD card to prevent your data from being deleted. You can follow this link  http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=33552&p=null      to do the factory reset.

Hope this Helps

0 Likes
cohort

I have this issue as well, but I want to resend the email, and for the life of me can't figure out how to do that. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
edofsparta

After many frustrating hours, and attempts to clear the message "emails not sent", I went into the apps manager and went to the email app, and hit the settings key which then let me open the manage apps portion on the phone, once there (app info), it shows the app particulars like storage, cache etc. I cleared the cache and it seems to have cleared up the situation.

0 Likes