8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 3:58 PM by shadowdog3 RSS

Verizon Phones compatable with Ford SYNC

mini4usa

I am new to this forum. I fact I have never used a forum before.  I am over 65 and do not understand how the forum is related to asking Verizon a question or offering a suggestion. But here goes:

When I go to the Verizon home page and queery Ford SYNC I get no results.  I suggest  that Verizon address Ford SYNC on its site.  Specificially address which phones are compatable with Ford SYNC for 2010 and 2011 vehicle being produced by Ford.  (Edge/Explorer)

I guess my main question is:  Just because a phone has bluetooth capability is it compatable with FORD SYNC?

• 1. Re: Verizon Phones compatable with Ford SYNC
          Spiral

Respectfully, you should be searching on the Ford website to see if SYNC is compatible with your Verizon phone.  With all the thousands of Bluetooth devices available, I would not expect Verizon to list every one their phones are compatible with.

I would also look for a Ford forum for your model as they would probably have threads with information as to what phones work with the SYNC system (including tricks & tips).  Good luck.

• 2. Re: Verizon Phones compatable with Ford SYNC
            August03

You can visit this link     SyncMyRide.com/Own/Modules/Compatibility/AllCompatiblePhones.aspx       to see how to sync your device in your ford automobile.  Also it depends on your device if its Bluetooth capable. You can visit our site www.vzw.com to check and see which device you have and see the features of your device to check if the device has Bluetooth capability.

Hope this Helps

• 3. Re: Verizon Phones compatible with Ford SYNC

I can give you the newest answer: NO.  When I got my new 2011 car in Nov 2010 the sync worked fine, Dec. it was spotty service, and Jan. 2011 it has not worked since.  Ford and Verizon are working on the problem not fixed as of 5-28-2011.  Oh by-the-way, I paired my car with a few friend phones, AT&T & T-mobile, and both worked fine in all functions.  If not fixed soon I will go back to T-Mobile.

• 4. Re: Verizon Phones compatible with Ford SYNC
                Sherib

I just took my 2011 Edge in for the third time since I picked bought it on April 9.  My Sync system continues to freeze up when I try to pair it with my Droid Fascinate.  I certainly hope that Ford and Verizon get this figured out.  I love the vehicle, but hate the hassle of the touch screen not working.  I've gone to not pairing my phone, and it's still having issues.  Anyone know of a phone that WILL work?  I've tried too many from the compatibility list.  My friends AT&T phones seem to work fine.  I've been with Verizon since 1984, don't want to have to switch providers now.

• 5. Re: Verizon Phones compatible with Ford SYNC
                  Squallfyr
                  Lol, the sync is really that great that you would switch providers???
                  • 6. Re: Verizon Phones compatable with Ford SYNC
                    VZWFord

I just can't believe that Ford SYNC would exclude so many VZW phones and doesn't seem to be working with them to rectify the situation.  Just bought a 2011 Ford Edge, not compatible with my Droid Pro (love both things) and I just found out that none of the VZW phones text capabilities will work with Ford SYNC, but I can't very well return the car so I will have to switch carriers.

• 7. Re: Verizon Phones compatable with Ford SYNC
                      shadowdog3

By reading comments and experience with Verizon. I'd say it's Verizon's problem. The company is the most technologically lame entity I've seen. These guys refused the iPhone! They have least technologically advanced phones on the market. Where are their dual-cores? I have the htc Thunderbolt-Horrible!! Ha, what a waste of hundreds of dollars. I want my money back...

• 8. Re: Verizon Phones compatable with Ford SYNC
                        commonsense101

shadowdog3 wrote:

By reading comments and experience with Verizon. I'd say it's Verizon's problem. The company is the most technologically lame entity I've seen. These guys refused the iPhone! They have least technologically advanced phones on the market. Where are their dual-cores? I have the htc Thunderbolt-Horrible!! Ha, what a waste of hundreds of dollars. I want my money back...

• the iphone ends up costings carriers money
                        • verizon doesn't make the phones or the car
                        • verizon has plenty of dual core phones
                        • you have a phone that is 13 months old, in this industry that is a dinosaur