3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2010 6:16 PM by crimedoggies RSS

Cell phone charges from 3rd party

edward6486

I recently got a bill from verizon showng  owe $39.95 more than what I would normally pay.

I was told this is from a 3rd party.I explained to the customer service rep I never ordered anything from any 3rd party

and I was not going to pay for it.The customer service rep was rude and just constantly interrupted me.

Well I was given 4 codes 98411,54444,46357,28394

2 phone numbers 877-373-6363 and 800-235-7105 to companies I NEVER ordered anything from.

I than cancelled the service which was TAGGED on my phone without my permission.

This is sad verizon let`s this happen.

Funny thing s verizon talks to people on the phone like we are **bleep**.

I do not appreciate it.

I am also in communications and know how this works.I work network issues constantly and would never treatr any customers

as verizon customer service has treatred me.

I do not appreciate verizon letting some 3rd party company charge for things I did not order.I finally got ahold of a customer service rep who placed a block on my account from this ever happening on my phone again.

But I can say I will investigate this further and do what it takes to stop this.

I have been a loyal customer of Verizon for sometime if this happens again I will stop all services and go with another company.

• 1. Re: Cell phone charges from 3rd party
          budone

Looking at the codes and some other posts, some of these are tied to sites on Facebook. . 28394 and 46357 seems to be tied to a site on Facebook dealing with the IQ Quizzes, Fun Facts, and The Official Luv Test 'Friends' send you to fill out. Do you have your mobile number listed in your Facebook profile???

• 2. Re: Cell phone charges from 3rd party
            edward6486

No  I do not have it published on facebook.

This is one of Verizons issues they need to resolve and

not just shove it at the customers.

I also understand from another verizon customer Verizon is refunding customers for the false data charge they

are httng people with.

• 3. Re: Cell phone charges from 3rd party
              crimedoggies

edward6486 wrote:

No  I do not have it published on facebook.

This is one of Verizons issues they need to resolve and

not just shove it at the customers.

I also understand from another verizon customer Verizon is refunding customers for the false data charge they

are httng people with.

These are not data charges, based on your numbers these appear to be 3 $9.99 premium SMS messages.  As has been recommended by myself and others on this board, if you haven't already you should always block premium SMS on all of your phone lines.  This is the third party billing system that allows other companies to charge you for services on your Verizon wireless bill.  Common uses are ringtone companies, voting or participating in surveys and kids ordering cheat codes or other services for video games.  The charges should be connected to a specific number on your bill so you know which number they were billed through.  Moving forward, block premium SMS on ALL your phones, because the law states that Verizon can accept the charges as aunthentic and it is up to the provider of the service to refund any charges to the customer.