6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2012 6:14 AM by lewisr13 RSS

Change to be account owner

xingy10

I am in a family plan. Now I am an account member. I want to be an account owner. My friend, the account owner have agreed . How can we do to change ? Thank you a lot. 

• 1. Re: Change to be account owner
          spottedcatfish

Call customer service and ask to have the account transferred into your name.  Note that only ONE person can be the account OWNER, if you just want to be able to view account details and make changes and payments, you should ask to be added as an account MANAGER.

• 2. Re: Change to be account owner
            Android10

You can be the Account Owner Role online or  the Account Owner that is responsible for the account. 

The Account Owner role and the Account Member role are only used as a means of designating what functionality a user has access to after they have logged into My Verizon.   Accounts can only have one Account Owner Role (AO), but can establish an Account Member role (AM) for each of the remaining numbers on the account. Only the Account  Owner Role online would be able to view the detailed bill, view call details for all the lines, upgrade, change the plan, and make other major account changes online to the account.  To change the Account Owner Role, the Account Owner could contact our customer care department and un-register the current Account Owner Role and the line that wants to be the Account Owner Role, then the line that wants to be the Account Owner Role can re-register as the new Account Owner Role. 

To be the Account Owner of the account, there would need to be a change of liability.  

An AOL (assumption of liability) change  is the process of transferring an account's financial liability from an existing Account Owner to another Account Owner.  To request this change the current Account Owner would need to contact our customer care department to request the change.

The number to our customer care department is 1-800-922-0204.

• 3. Re: Change to be account owner
              BOCO

Its only automated with no option to speak to someone

• 4. Re: Change to be account owner
                Wildman

xingy10 wrote:

I am in a family plan. Now I am an account member. I want to be an account owner. My friend, the account owner have agreed . How can we do to change ? Thank you alot.

I believe you would have to go through the same process as starting a new account if you haven't already, this mean having a credit report pulled and possibly add a deposit because the original account hold was verified for service but your account could be added without requiring a credit check.

• 5. Re: Change to be account owner
                  lewisr13

Wildman, that post is a year and a half old. I hate when that happens.

• 6. Re: Change to be account owner
                    Wildman

Yeah, me to but I missed that one... Thanks for pointing this out..