6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2010 8:09 PM by Android10 RSS

phone broke,can i get a free replacement?

amnotlovingit

so my little brothers phone broke,its the same as mine (samasung intensity i) and we were wondering if we could get a free replacement phone,like my sister had her enV phone break and they replaced it with a new one.

• 1. Re: phone broke,can i get a free replacement?
          spottedcatfish

Was the phone purchased within the last year?  If so, it is under warranty and can be replaced with a refurbished device.  This only covers defects in the phone, however, not physical damage caused by the user.

If you have insurance, you are also covered in the case of physical damage.  Either way, you can call into Verizon and they will help you being the replacement process.

• 2. Re: phone broke,can i get a free replacement?
            amnotlovingit

the phone doesnt even have a year of ownership,and well my sister did get a refurbished new replacement.

defects? like if it turns off a lot or freezes or poor battery life?

so if he got a refurbished phone would it be the samsung intenstity 2? and can you choose the color?

• 3. Re: phone broke,can i get a free replacement?
              spottedcatfish

amnotlovingit wrote:

the phone doesnt even have a year of ownership,and well my sister did get a refurbished new replacement.

defects? like if it turns off a lot or freezes or poor battery life?

so if he got a refurbished phone would it be the samsung intenstity 2? and can you choose the color?

It is up to Verizon to determine if the issues with your phone qualify as a manufacturer's defect that is covered by the warranty.  Tech support in a corporate store, or over the phone can help with that.  If they think the issue is the result of a defect, they will begin the exchange process.

Generally, if it is available at the warehouse, you get the exact same device back, but it may be a different model or color if they don't have your exact phone available.

• 4. Re: phone broke,can i get a free replacement?
                amnotlovingit

but havent they discontinued the intensity 1? like there not selling it anymore,so would they have to give me the new model? 

and how long would it take for me to receive it and can i still use the current phone until i get the new oone?

• 5. Re: phone broke,can i get a free replacement?
                  spottedcatfish

At this point, you need to contact Verizon and begin the exchange process to get more specific answers.  I can't tell you what they have in stock at the warehouse, and I haven't done a warranty exchange with them.

• 6. Re: phone broke,can I get a free replacement?
                    Android10

If your current device is under warranty and experiences electrical or mechanical malfunction due to manufacturing defects, you will receive a Certified Like-New Replacement (a like unit or one of comparable quality).  You would be able to a  get a replacement if that phone meets this criteria.   

Certified Like-New Replacement devices have been thoroughly inspected and reconditioned to like-new condition. 

You can see more information at the link below.  

http://support.vzw.com/information/cln_replacement.html