Installing VZAccess Manager fails with Error 1714
rjped368

I was notified by VZAccess Manager that an update was available (v7.3.11.1). However, when trying to update the software, it would fail when trying to uninstall the previous version.

So after several attempts, I tried to uninstall the previous version using standard windows methods. Still no luck. Feeling I had little to lose at this point, I even edited my registry to try to remove all traces of Verizon, VZAccess, SmithMicro, and vzam. As far as I know, I have removed every trace of the old software that I possibly can.

Now when I try to install the new version, it fails with: "Error 1714. The older version of VZAccess Manager cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group."

So what can I do now?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Re: Installing VZAccess Manager fails with Error 1714
cathyw

I am also dealing with VZ Access download failures and see there are more questions on the topic than answers. So I will continue to pay for my stick without having any access...

0 Likes
Re: Installing VZAccess Manager fails with Error 1714
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi. Try rebooting your computer; reinsert USB modem make sure installed. Here is a weblink with steps to install and uninstall device ( http://infomanagerdoc.ddc.vzwcorp.com/infomanager/areas/equipment/158087.htm#software ).

0 Likes