8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2012 1:40 PM by DionM_VZW RSS

65+ plan with DroidX

silverfox29

I have a one line plan and  would like to add a line and new phone (DroidX).  Could I qualify for the senior 65+ plan (450 min) for $59 per month and a $29 data plan on the droid X?

• 1. Re: 65+ plan with DroidX
          spottedcatfish

Are you over 65 years of age?  If so, you can enroll in the 65+ voice plan.  Any of Verizon's current phones are compatible with that plan for eligible customers, as long as you add the appropriate data package for phones that require it.

• 2. Re: 65+ plan with DroidX
            VZW_Zrock02

Unfortunately the 65+ plus is not eligible to use with the Droid X. The plan is limited to 3G Multimedia Phones and Feature Phones. The plan is not compatible with smart phones.

• 3. Re: 65+ plan with DroidX
              budone

Nothing in the requirements state Smartphones are not eligible. Thats too bad

• 4. Re: 65+ plan with DroidX
                SuzyQ

Zrock02 wrote:

Unfortunately the 65+ plus is not eligible to use with the Droid X. The plan is limited to 3G Multimedia Phones and Feature Phones. The plan is not compatible with smart phones.

This hardly seems fair .... but then, life is not fair  ::::sigh:::

I just don't understand why the 65+ calling plan can't be used with a Droid or other smartphone ... you'd still be required to get the $29.99 data plan,   and the "senior discount" would apply to the calling plan only.  Guess that makes too much sense.....

• 5. Re: 65+ plan with DroidX
                  kolabear

This does seem silly.  Perhaps I wouldn't feel so annoyed that the phone cannot hold a charge if I had a discount.  I'm trying to hold out until May for an iPhone.  I have had this phone for almost two years and it has now become  burdensome.  I really don'e feel like buying it a new battery.  I see by other posts that the new battery doesn't help. 

Frankly, I don't know what or who is responsible, but I wouldn't tolerate this poor functioning from any other device or machine that I use.  This really stinks.

• 6. Re: 65+ plan with DroidX
                    Ann154

What seems silly is digging up a thread that is over a year OLD!

• 7. Re: 65+ plan with DroidX
                      kolabear

A year ago i wasnt 65. I suspect that u have not reached that age as yet,

and do not realize the additional burdens unless one is in perfect health.

Unless Verizon has changed their policy, why is it no longer an issue? BTW,

i still work full time and commute. I can't afford not to.

• 8. Re: 65+ plan with DroidX
                        DionM_VZW

A hearty hello to kolabear and to all Community Members! Thanks to everyone for the valuable feedback! I wanted to let all interested parties know that the device eligibility requirements on the Nationwide 65 Plus Plan now only exclude BlackBerry (RIM) Smartphones. Otherwise, you may use the device of your choice! Have a look at other information at the Nationwide 65 Plus Plan FAQ page!

DionM_VZW

Follow Us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/vzwsupport