Unlimited Text/Data
Elplatanero4767

How much would it cost to have the unlimited text/data plan with tax and everything included?

Is this plan recommended to have? I was thinking of using the Droid.

$54.99 monthly access for the deaf or hard of hearing Plan includes:

• Unlimited Messaging
  • Unlimited Web Browsing
  • Unlimited Data Usage
  • Unlimited Personal Email
  • Voice Per Minute Rate $0.25
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Text/Data
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Elplatanero4767 wrote:

How much would it cost to have the unlimited text/data plan with tax and everything included?

Is this plan recommended to have? I was thinking of using the Droid.

$54.99 monthly access for the deaf or hard of hearing Plan includes:

• Unlimited Messaging
  • Unlimited Web Browsing
  • Unlimited Data Usage
  • Unlimited Personal Email
  • Voice Per Minute Rate $0.25

Taxes are dependent on your location, your state, city and even county may charge taxes on your cell phone bill depending on local regulations.  You will have to research those regulations to determine what your taxes will be.

The plan you have listed is only available for those with a hearing disability, and Verizon generally requires you to prove this disability by providing medical records either via fax or in-person at a store.  If you meet that qualification, that plan will give you unlimited messaging and internet on the Droid.

If you DO NOT meet that qualification, you will need to pay for a Talk and Text plan (the lowest one gives 450 minutes for $59.99/month) AND an unlimited data package at $29.99/month.

0 Likes
Elplatanero4767

I dont have any hearing disability. When I went to a Verizon Authorized Dealer, the guy told me that if I only want data, I need to get the 54.99 plan which included unlimited text and data. I asked him how much it would cost with tax, and he said it would be around $80.00 which I was very shocked

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Elplatanero4767 wrote:

I dont have any hearing disability. When I went to a Verizon Authorized Dealer, the guy told me that if I only want data, I need to get the 54.99 plan which included unlimited text and data. I asked him how much it would cost with tax, and he said it would be around $80.00 which I was very shocked

You will notice on this page that the $54.99/month unlimited texting/data plan for smartphone requires appropriate documentation of the hearing disability.  Maybe this agent can get around that for you, but be aware that if you need to seek help from another Verizon CSR, you may be moved off the plan if you're found to not meet the requirements for it.

Taxes on cell service can be steep in some jurisdictions, as a I said, you may be subject to taxes from your state, city AND county, which could add that much to your bill.  You'll need to look into regulations in your area.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Anyone can get the $34.99 unlimited data and text for feature and multimedia phones. The $54.99 smartphone package is only for the deaf and hard of hearing, and Verizon will need proof of hearing loss.

0 Likes