Gingerbread Update for HTC Droid Incredible
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

1514i051749A7EB9AB678

Here we go it's the Official thread for the upcoming "Gingerbread 3.0" update for the Droid Incredible. 

Float this thread to the top of your page to always see whats new and never stay out of the loop! 

Tag often!

Here is some basic info regarding the new upcoming update. If you have any new information PLEASE update this thread and attach some links for all of us to follow.  

• Android 3.0 Gingerbread will be released in mid- October (around 15 -16th), 2010. First handsets shipping in November/December – for the Holiday Season.
  • Minimum hardware requirements for Android 3.0 devices are: 1GHZ CPU, 512MB or RAM, displays from 3.5” and higher.  (We all, of course, heard that Android handsets with 2GHz CPU’s are coming)
  • New 1280×760 resolution available for the devices with displays of 4” and higher. (Anyone thinking about Android tablets now? )
  • Completely revamped user interface. If you want to get a feeling of what Android 3.0 Gingerbread UX is like, check out the Gallery app on Nexus One. The same overall feel, light animated transitions,etc. Natively, through all the UI.
  • Android’s split into 2 branches becomes official. 3.0 for top of the line/high end devices. Cheap, low-end mass market handsets will keep Android 2.1/2.2

Just a few jabs to get the fire started. Keep it nice here please, and lets help each other be the highest informed forum on the net!                                            GO GINGERBREAD!!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gingerbread Update for HTC Droid Incredible
AZSALUKI
Legend

it is the next version of the android operating system...but doesn't appear to be coming any time soon. your phone's operating system is updated from time to time with added features...much like windows 95 to 98 to now...vista, then windows 7. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Google has already stated the hardware specs are false for those rumors.  They also stated they are going to a 6 month cycle since Froyo came out in the later 1/2 of this year that means if Gingerbread does exist then it will have to be January or later.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
And here I thought you were actually expecting to get it, should have figured you knew better.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
It's more fun this way. It's in the works.
0 Likes
MrDew

hahaha yes yes yes i knew you would cave.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'll set the over/under at Feb 1st.....and i'll take the over!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

I'm actually holding out for a new phone in December. Those rumored Duel Core Tegra 2 Processor LTE phones keep me up at night lol.

It'll never stop... :smileywink:

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
My NE2 isn't due up for another year. Man, that gingerbread is gonna be stale by then.
0 Likes
izgil

As I can see from your specs, we won't benefit from this update at all. Useless update. The new resolution would only be compatible with screens 4' and above.

With all the features we have now, what else are we gonna need?

Besides that, not even all Incredible ownsers have Froyo yet, it's too early to talk about some Gingerbread. Not even all Froyo users use all of its new features, such as 3G Hotspot and bugging apps that came with the update.

I'm just wondering what would Gingerbread bring that will make me like this phone more than I already do. Nothing.

0 Likes
JKuz72

izgil wrote:

With all the features we have now, what else are we gonna need?

An option to dual boot or revert back to previous os version would be a good start....!!

0 Likes