Anyone realize there is less issues with the manual update then with the OTA one?
alex641
0 Likes
Re: Anyone realize there is less issues with the manual update then with the OTA one?
AZSALUKI
Legend

how do you know this?

0 Likes
Re: Anyone realize there is less issues with the manual update then with the OTA one?
alex641

Observation made after reading several forums. Based on several posts, I have not seen anyone complain after they did the manual update. This obviously after also reading their follow up days later after the initial install.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

that may be the case. i'm not saying it's not. however, you're dealing with a DRASTICALLY smaller sample size. hundreds of thousands got the update OTA and a handful of peeps did it manually. that being said, i have yet to see a manual update with any complaints. i'd be curious to see some type of study on manual updates. that used to be the only way anyone updated their phone. i believe you even had to go to a store to do it back in the day? to me, it doesn't seem like it sould matter as you are recieving, downloading, and installing the exact same file...it's just that one is over the air and one is through a usb. but i'm not a techy kind of guy so maybe i'm missin somethin?

0 Likes