bluetooth peripheral device driver
dhollner
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know where I can get this driver?

0 Likes
Re: bluetooth peripheral device driver
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

....with your bluetooth device or built into windows??  I didnt need to install any special driver for bluetooth discovery to work.  You really should be more specific when asking about drivers.  Like, for what device and which operating system.  Also, might be helpful to ask if you need to find such a driver...my answer to that is "probably not"

Dj.

0 Likes
Chubbs
Contributor - Level 1
I know what you're talking about. You tried to link your DX to PDA Net and you can't link via bluetooth. It told you that it needs the driver. I had to google "droid x driver pda net" and found it in a support forum. I am currently on my droid x so i can't and you the link. Happy hunting, it's out there somewhere... i found it.
0 Likes
Chubbs
Contributor - Level 1

Im on my Computer now: I copied the page

This is what worked on my 64bit system:

1. Install Windows Mobile Device Center:

Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 | Windows Vista Support

2. The first step may solve your problem automatically, but it did not for me. So here we go: Right Click on Computer Icon and Choose Manage.

3. Go to Device Manager. You'll see an Unknown Device named Bluetooth 

Peripheral Device. Double Click it to open its properties.

4. Click "Reinstall Driver" on the first tab.

5. Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.

6. Click "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".

7. Now the next page will show a list of drivers with Company Names in one list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose Microsoft Corporation, not only Microsoft. Please confirm this twice that you dont choose Micorosoft but Micorosoft Corporation.

8. Now in the drivers list there may be one or more drivers with the name "Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver  versions. I cant tell you which will work for you, but start with the newest version.

9. Click next. Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at last. If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device driver is properly installed.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Kudos to you Chubbs!  I hope that is what he is looking for!

dj.

0 Likes