Android 2.2 update yesterday. Battery life very poor now
graphichome

I got to a point where I was satisfied with my battery life at 2.1. My phone auto updated to 2.2 yesterday. Now my battery life went down by about 50%. Have been running TaskPanel to keep my apps under control but noticed that several apps kept running. Phone was always warm so I know it was doing something. At one point in the afternoon it went from 20% to off in a matter of minutes. Made a 2 minute phone call during that time.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android 2.2 update yesterday. Battery life very poor now
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

lose the task killer...

0 Likes
graphichome

If I lose the task killer what can be done about apps that start on their own burning the battery up?

0 Likes
Izzy82

I am having the same problem. I had pretty decent battery life before I updated yesterday morning and now, I barely use it and the battery life just plummets. It's really annoying and if the 2.2 is going to run my battery life like it is, then I don't want it. They need to fix that because the update features are really nice to have. After all this time waiting for the update, I'm not happy with it. 

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

johnM356 wrote:

lose the task killer...

How does a task killer INCREASE battery usage?

0 Likes
graphichome

If 1 application capable of killing 10 apps does it's job then there are 9 less apps sucking battery power. = saving battery life.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

spottedcatfish wrote:

How does a task killer INCREASE battery usage?

I don't use task killer at all. With task killer you can kill apps that run in the background making battery life supposedly increase (so you'll have more juice in your phone)

0 Likes