1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 10, 2010 7:26 PM by SuzyQ RSS

Upgrade Transfer

fifthgear001

I know there are a lot of upgrade questions here, and I'm sure this one has probably been asked before but here's what I want to know...

I know you can transfer upgrades to different lines on the same account, but is it possible to transfer an upgrade to someone else's account?

For example, say my friend has his Verizon account and is eligible for an upgrade. Can he transfer the upgrade to me on a completely different account?

And if it is possible, does it extend both our contracts, or just mine since I would be the one actually getting the new phone?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Upgrade Transfer
          SuzyQ

fifthgear001 wrote:

I know there are a lot of upgrade questions here, and I'm sure this one has probably been asked before but here's what I want to know...

I know you can transfer upgrades to different lines on the same account, but is it possible to transfer an upgrade to someone else's account?  Not directly, no.

For example, say my friend has his Verizon account and is eligible for an upgrade. Can he transfer the upgrade to me on a completely different account?  What he CAN do, if he is willing, is to use his upgrade, activate the phone briefly on his account to accept the contract terms and extension (since he is using HIS upgrade, it will extend HIS contract), then go back to his old phone and give the new phone to you.  That's a very nice friend.

And if it is possible, does it extend both our contracts, or just mine since I would be the one actually getting the new phone? As I explained above, it would extend HIS contract.  Your contract would not change.

Thanks.