Can't Send Text to One Person Only
TRyanRob

I am having probems sending and receiving text messages from one person only.  This person has a Verizon plan as well.  I have a Palm Pre.  Any way that I try to send him a text, it does not work.  If I bring up his contact and touch SMS, the text messaging app will not run just as it will run when I touch SMS on any other contact.  If I open the texting app and hit new message and type in his name and try to send a message, the message just erases when I hit the send button; however, the message posts into the threaded texting on any other contact.  If I delete his contact and just try to send the text using his number, it does the same thing.

He has tried to send me numerous texts and his actually go into his sent folder, but I never receive them on my phone. 

What can I do to fix this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't Send Text to One Person Only
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your number blocked on his account?  It would be blocked from his end, somehow - parental controls maybe?  Can you call each other?

0 Likes
TRyanRob

Yes, we can call each other, but I'll check out about the blocking thing.  Thanks!  However, I am still going to look for an answer.

0 Likes
lezle79

I am having this same issue. It is my husband's best friend and NO my number isn't blocked. I have confirmed it many times. I can't make calls to it or send/receive txt's from it.  We were traveling once and we were the contact people and due to this issue we had a lot of problems. We are traveling again this wkd and again I am suppose to contact my husband's friend when I arrive (my husband is going to be in a meeting) but if I can't contact his friend how am I to know where to go??

This isn't safe and someone needs to fix it. On many messaging boards this is causing an issue for employees, bosses, families, and saftey. What if this was the issue with parent and their babysitter??  All that I have seen that will fix this issue is to totally strip your phone and start from scratch and yes that means to hand enter all of your contacts and everything all over agian. I don't know about you but I don't want to do this but I would like an answer as to why I can't text or call this one person.

This is a wide spread enough issue that IT NEEDS FIXED!!!  Sooner than later. I know I have been having this issue for about 6 months as that is when we first tried but I know others have been having this issue for over a year.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

lezle79 wrote:

I am having this same issue. It is my husband's best friend and NO my number isn't blocked. I have confirmed it many times. I can't make calls to it or send/receive txt's from it.  We were traveling once and we were the contact people and due to this issue we had a lot of problems. We are traveling again this wkd and again I am suppose to contact my husband's friend when I arrive (my husband is going to be in a meeting) but if I can't contact his friend how am I to know where to go??

This isn't safe and someone needs to fix it. On many messaging boards this is causing an issue for employees, bosses, families, and saftey. What if this was the issue with parent and their babysitter??  All that I have seen that will fix this issue is to totally strip your phone and start from scratch and yes that means to hand enter all of your contacts and everything all over agian. I don't know about you but I don't want to do this but I would like an answer as to why I can't text or call this one person.

This is a wide spread enough issue that IT NEEDS FIXED!!!  Sooner than later. I know I have been having this issue for about 6 months as that is when we first tried but I know others have been having this issue for over a year.

lezle79,

I am sure this can be very frustrating!  I would be glad to assist you!

If you are still experiencing this issue, please reply to my direct message with the requested information so I can further investigate.

0 Likes
intelligent

maybe their phone has a block on it or is out of texts depending on their plan

0 Likes
brileycarr93

I'm having the same problem. it's become a huge issue. they aren't blocked on my phone nor am i blocked on hers.

0 Likes
ryan_thoreson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also having the same issue - I've tried resetting my iPhone through iTunes, called *228 and picked option 1 to reset my phone, had my text messaging reset, and deleted and re-entered the contact. Nothing has worked so far, and calling Verizon hasn't helped. It's my significant other, the one person I text multiple times a day, so it's incredibly frustrating. Does anyone have other suggestions?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ryan, I can certainly understand how that would be frustrating! Are you still having this issue? Do you get any specific error messages when you send that person a text message? Try deleting the contact again, deleting any previous threads and then sending a message without the number in your contacts. Use the full 10 digit number. If the message is still not working, we may need to submit a trouble ticket to our network team to see what is blocking this specific number. Please send me a direct message with your name and number, and the mobile number you are trying to text.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

ryan_thoreson
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems to be fixed - thanks for checking!!

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 3:22 PM, MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes