Outgoing POP email on HTC Incredible
JGS2612

I am getting a "server not responding" error when trying to set up outgoing mail server on my POP.

I have verified the settings with my ISP provider, but still getting the error.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Anything unique about the HTC Incredible and using POP email with Verizon?

Please help!

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Outgoing POP email on HTC Incredible
AZSALUKI
Legend

i actually had this problem and a MONTH later found out from a vzn rep that my provider (cox.net) had repeatedly given me the wrong outgoing ssl port settings!!!! i got the correct one from vzn and it works fine now.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
0 Likes
JGS2612

Thanks

Cox has given me a couple of different port numbers... but none of them have worked.

I just got off the phone with VZ tech support and they are saying that its a Cox firewall issue... that I will probably be able to send mail with my Incredible when its in WiFi (at home on the Cox network) but that I won't be able to send over the VZ netowrk.

This seems silly to me....  frustrating.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

JGS2612 wrote:

I am getting a "server not responding" error when trying to set up outgoing mail server on my POP.

I have verified the settings with my ISP provider, but still getting the error.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Anything unique about the HTC Incredible and using POP email with Verizon?

Please help!

Thanks.

Who is your ISP???  You will need their MOBILE settings. Also you will most likely need to set up outgoing  with SSL security and a port  Usually 587

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

jgs....that's what vzn initially told me too. they said that cox did not allow sending through their network except from the device that you actually set up with them (usually your home pc) for spam prevention reasons. i actually went so far as to set up a dummy hotmail account, just to use the uotgoing server settings. so i had cox incoming and the hotmail outgoing (but i named the account on my phone with my cox email so it appeared it was coming from my cox email). that worked except that the email app changes the username and password on the outgoing to match the incoming every time you close it (it assumes you are using the same account). so i could send this way, but had to manually put in my outgong hotmail info each time. then i found the correct cox outgoing (or at least, it's worked so far). unless cox is set up differently in different regions, you should be able to do it.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

that link i gave you has the outgoing info that i set up and now works. do they still not work for you?

0 Likes
JGS2612

I've got it working now, but only using WiFi via my Cox account at my house. If I switch the phone over the 3G, the same error occurs.

Not sure what to do next.... seems like it is a Cox firewall issue, but not sure what to do next.

0 Likes
FramCire

Have you tried K9.  I can set up Yahoo correctly on K9 where I coudlnt using stock mail app.

K9 (free on market)

0 Likes