Internal memory
Beasy35

I was sent an e-mail w/ an attatchment and I dont know how or where to access the file that was saved to the phone.  I have an 8gb SD card but the files that I have on there cant be viewed.  Does anyone know how to convert them or what I need to do?  I have tried everything that I can think of find the internal memory?

0 Likes
Re: Internal memory
izgil

1. In case you don't know how to configure the storage for incoming attachements in your emails, go to your Mail applications, tap MENU, then tap MORE, then SETTINGS. When you get there tap on GENERAL SETTINGS folllowed by TEMPORARY ATTACHMENT STORAGE. Choose either SD Card or Phone Storage.

2. Connect your phone to your laptop (or computer) with the USB cable that came with the phone. Once you do so you will see "Charge only" message in the notification bar which disappears in a few seconds. By default, the phone is set to "Charge only". Bring up the notification bar and tap "Charge only" to change to "Disk drive". Tap "Done" after that.

Now, your computer will recognize 2 new storage devices; your sd card from your phone AND phone storage. Now you can look for your file.

P.S. If you're gonna access your sd card and phone storage through your computer often you might wanna change the default setting of your USB cable to "Disk drive". (FYI - in this mode the phone is still charging). To do so go to your Settings and tap on "Connect to PC". It will give you a "USB Connection Type" menu where you can choose "Disk drive" as your default USB connection.

0 Likes
Beasy35

From the phone how do I access the phones storage, internal memory and the SD card??

0 Likes
izgil

From your phone go to the Market and download a free application called Astro File Manager. It gives you access to your phone storage and SD Card.

0 Likes
beasy30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I go through quickoffice to open my file and it says that its unable to open document.  Is there a way to change to document?  Should I e-mail it to me as a diff type of document?  If so how do I do that?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

what type of file is it? quickoffice "should" open ms office files for viewing. i also have pdf viewer (free in the market) to view pdf files. astro (i use estrongs file explorer) is a file manager that allows you to view the phone and the sd card in a sort of windows explorer type of view (the sd card with the folders listed below it and then touch the folders to view the files contained in the folder).

0 Likes
beasy30
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I liooked at the file type it said soemthing about being a pages file.  MACS version  (new MAC computer so it was changed to a MAC file).  How do I change it to  a file that my droid can read?  Not the best man to figure this type of stuff out..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i don't know. unfortunately macs still don't always play well with pc file types. i know there's a way....i'm just not familiar with macs.

0 Likes
beasy30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured it out...  Thanks aeveryone.  Who knew that the MAC was so tricky,,,

0 Likes