Error 98 help
historemajor

Hi, i have a blackberry curve, for the past 2 or 3 days i have not been able to recieve texts from a few people or send those people texts. My friend has a blackberry and is also with verizon, she said she had texted me 5+ times and got error 98 each time, then when she called me the call got an error saying something was wrong with my number..or something along those lines, but i was able to call her and a few other people. I sent one text to another friend and he sent one back, after that he didn't get any of my texts and I didnt get any of his even though he was in the same room with me.

I know i went over my texts this month, could that have something to do with it? it doesn't do that with everyone just a few people. Should i call verizon or do you guys have any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Error 98 help
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Try reprogramming your phone using *228 and then choosing option 1.  This will reprogram it with the proper settings for your phone number and make sure all of the network information is entered properly.

If that doesn't solve the problem, you will need to call Verizon.  While you are talking with them, you should ask them to move you to a texting plan that covers your overage and back-date it to the beginning of your billing cycle.  This will keep you from paying those nasty overage rates.

0 Likes